• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh PROBLEM??????

existenceONE

I hope someone here can give me alittle advice on what i should do. I have a Mutoh 1604 and we went on vacation for 5 days. Before i left i cleaned the entire machine, drained the overflow bottle and made sure she was all shiny and ready to print when we returned. When i got into the shop this morning it appears that the printer had drained all of the ink out of the printer the overflow bottle was full and there was ink all over the floor under the printer. It was also giving me an error message that (KCMY) NOT ORIGINAL. I tried installing new cartridges just to see if i could get it to print and it gave me the error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cory

existenceONE

The printer was left on. I have always been told to never leave them turned off cause it cycles ink through the head every once in a while to keep it from clogging.

I would bet there is something touching the head. You either have debris on the bottom of the head or the inside of the cap is touching. You might have cross contimination now in your ink lines.

SE SignSupply

I hope someone here can give me alittle advice on what i should do. I have a Mutoh 1604 and we went on vacation for 5 days. Before i left i cleaned the entire machine, drained the overflow bottle and made sure she was all shiny and ready to print when we returned. When i got into the shop this morning it appears that the printer had drained all of the ink out of the printer the overflow bottle was full and there was ink all over the floor under the printer. It was also giving me an error message that (KCMY) NOT ORIGINAL. I tried installing new cartridges just to see if i could get it to print and it gave me the error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cory

I would guess the sponge in the capping station got saturated and made contact with the bottom of the printhead draining the ink. This generally happens when the service station/cap top needs to be changed. How old is the machine and has the service station ever been replaced?

PS- I see you are local to us, let me know if I can help!

Thanks,
Ryan
800-283-1722

trakers

Dude, you have my sympathy. A huge $264 mess.

Our bottle is about 1/3 full. Never considered something like that happening. I will empty it tomorrow.

CheapVehicleWrap

wow...stf like this happens with this printere.... I would have turned it off after everthing you had done. But if I were to have to leave it for 5 days, I'd keep the rollers down and left it on. Not that I've ever had to do that, but...

Trakers... could you elaborate?

FatCat

I am guessing your cleaning cycles were set too frequently and/or too strong. I think I have mine set at 12 hours - economy mode.