• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh pump motor

Saturn

Aging Member
Recently upgraded to an s80600 but still using the Mutoh VJ-628 for a couple big clients that I can't instantly prep all the files for the Epson. However, my little pump motor seems to have conked out. Can't quite tell if it's simply clogged or something else is going on... Might not even be the pump motor?

What I observe when I run a clean is the head doing all the usual movements and firing (cap top and wiper are new, symptoms the same before replacement as after) but I'm not hearing the usual pump motor "sound". It's run 6/7 days a week almost since new so I have been lucky and not had to do any troubleshooting on this or take anything apart, I am assuming the sound I think is missing is the little pump/motor that draws off the 2 drain tubes beneath the cap top.

I DO get a little fluid movement in the tubes and if I fill the cap top with cleaning fluid and try drawing from the nipple on the pump that drains to the waste tank, I can "usually" pull it through... I don't have a sense if this is supposed to be an easy pull or offer resistance. This would be without the head in place, just trying to draw off the fluid but through the pump (waste side).

Otherwise prints great, but since it doesn't seem to be sucking, every time it cleans I get missing nozzles. When/if I get it back to 100% it will print perfectly (zero deflections or missing nozzles) until it auto cleans again.

Question is, is that sound I'm NOT hearing probably the little suction pump? Or is there some other "pump sound" that's gone bad?