• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh REPAIRMAN-HELP

S

Sign-Man Signs

O.k.. I've had it. Anyone have a name or number of a REAL repairman that will come to my shop in Florida and fix my Mutoh? I've replaced every freakin thing still can't get a drop of ink out of the freakin' print head.
ANYONE?????????

totalimage

Call Sign Supply in Orlando..Ask for Nano ( nicname) to come out.. You will find he is the best and a real great guy.

MITCHATEXOTIC

nano....yep

Nano is my mutoh tech of choice.....Maybe its a bad embroiderers day or something because I am waiting on a reply from Nano right now....I too have replaced everything and no ink flow.

S

Sign-Man Signs

Thanks Total Image. Great guy. He should start his own Mutoh repair company in Florida. Thanks again.

S

Sign-Man Signs

Exactly, what is the problem?
Well....long story short. I have replaced everything mechanical and can't get ink through the print heads. Got a -73.98 on home position for heads and cap station. Can't figure it unless I'm just stupid. Still need a visit from a repairman that can go thru the machine. Got to be someone or company that can service this thing.

ilmt

i can get a drop of ink out of mine, but i also have air bubbles in my ink lines. i need to figure out how to get the air out and have some ink steadily flow through there.

DPD

Call GEI Calgraph. they're certified by Mutoh to work on their machines. I"ve used them for about 4 years now.

ilmt

Call GEI Calgraph. they're certified by Mutoh to work on their machines. I"ve used them for about 4 years now.

nah, thats ok. they want $775 just to come out here and then $225/hour after that.

i got some help in another thread, i am going to try those suggestions and try to figure out the problem.

they will be my very last resort.

yeah, you could say that my boss is wasting time paying me and i haven't fixed it yet, but i already learned 4 times what i knew about this machine by troubleshooting it and taking it apart, so that is a good thing.

the last time those techs were out here the machine was under warranty and they wouldn't answer my questions and they did everything so fast. of course they would, it is under warranty....why take their time when they cant bill for it?

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
i can get a drop of ink out of mine, but i also have air bubbles in my ink lines. i need to figure out how to get the air out and have some ink steadily flow through there.
Air in the ink line is from an air leak. The damper may have a crack in the threaded area or the line may have got kinked enough to form a hole. Do not use a wrench to tighten the hose fitting. Finger tight only.

There is a little rubber washer that goes on the end of the hose before putting it back on the damper. If that washer is not there it will not seal up properly and it will leak air into the line.

Last edited:

ilmt

Air in the ink line is from an air leak. The damper may have a crack in the threaded area or the line may have got kinked enough to form a hole. Do not use a wrench to tighten the hose fitting. Finger tight only.

they got air in them because i took them apart.

however, i learned that there is a fill option under the utility menu.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
they got air in them because i took them apart...
Not necessarily true. The lines should have filled up without air in them when you filled them back up either with the syringe or using the fill option. If air is in the line with ink, it IS leaking. An air leak will keep it from printing. If it does print at all the ink will soon fall out. One test for a leak is to pull ink through with a cleaning cycle. If it prints a little and then quits you have an air leak. If it don't print at all, the ink is not getting to the dampers

ilmt

Not necessarily true. The lines should have filled up without air in them when you filled them back up either with the syringe or using the fill option. If air is in the line with ink, it IS leaking. An air leak will keep it from printing. If it does print at all the ink will soon fall out. One test for a leak is to pull ink through with a cleaning cycle. If it prints a little and then quits you have an air leak. If it don't print at all, the ink is not getting to the dampers

i have not been able to run the fill utility yet. right now i keep getting the undefined paper.

yesterday it was working perfect, as far as confirming paper. i didnt touch anything and today when i powered it on, it wont confirm paper. this thing just doesn't like me.

just to straighten everything up....since i detached the ink lines to drain them, i haven't been able to run the fill utility.

ilmt

The undefined paper error is from not getting the edge of the paper aligned on the holes on the right side of the machine.

right, i have aligned it every way i can and it isn't working.

there is a 5mm threshold according to the manual.

also, this happened when i fired up the machine this morning....meaning, i didn't re align anything from yesterday. and yesterday it was confirming the paper all day long...

it feeds the paper forward and then when it feeds it back onto the roll it stops over the sensor...as soon as the head gets over the white vinyl paper, it goes back to its' home position and displays undefined paper.