Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mutoh RJ 6100 Conversion

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by Arthur Sanchez, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Arthur Sanchez

Arthur Sanchez Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Hi Fellow Mutoh owners. I'm going to try to convert my 6100 inkjet to sublimation printing. So far I have taken the printer apart, put new heads, new dampers. It's still clogged so I was wondering if I do a wash to clean the lines can I pull the cleaning fluid out of the lines thru the damper tube? I'm willing to pull apart this printer ( I won it for only $51) so it won't hurt too much if I'm not successfull . I have found out that if the silver stickers on the side of the ink cartridges are slightly off the sensors they won't work, I also made cartridges that the printer reads as cleaning fluid and saved a lot of $$$. So I made my own with silver mirror vinyl & black vinyl.I can download some images if anyone is interested. I bought an extra one of these printers, so at the worst I will use parts of one for the other. How do you know if the fuses are bad? Can any one tell me?
    Thanks
    Art

Tags:
  2. iladi

iladi Member

Apr 23, 2007
    Romania
    are the stickers different from pigment to dye to cleaning? can i see a diagram or a picture?

thanx
    adrian