• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh RJ 6100 Conversion

Arthur Sanchez

Hi Fellow Mutoh owners. I'm going to try to convert my 6100 inkjet to sublimation printing. So far I have taken the printer apart, put new heads, new dampers. It's still clogged so I was wondering if I do a wash to clean the lines can I pull the cleaning fluid out of the lines thru the damper tube? I'm willing to pull apart this printer ( I won it for only $51) so it won't hurt too much if I'm not successfull . I have found out that if the silver stickers on the side of the ink cartridges are slightly off the sensors they won't work, I also made cartridges that the printer reads as cleaning fluid and saved a lot of $$$. So I made my own with silver mirror vinyl & black vinyl.I can download some images if anyone is interested. I bought an extra one of these printers, so at the worst I will use parts of one for the other. How do you know if the fuses are bad? Can any one tell me?
Thanks
Art

iladi

are the stickers different from pigment to dye to cleaning? can i see a diagram or a picture?

thanx
adrian