• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh RJ-900 nozzles not firing

RC

We have two Mutoh RJ-900’s. Printer #1 lost half of the magenta during a print job I thought it was a clog so I did everything I knew how to recover it nothing worked. Then we had a very similar problem with printer #2 this time half the black nozzles were not firing again I followed up as if it were a clog, but could not recover. I decided to switch the print heads between the two printers and the problems did not carry over. I do not believe there are any issues with the print heads both are fairly new. Printer #1 does not print half the magenta and printer #2 does not print half the black.

Could I have a problem with the firmware? Both printers are using the same version.

Coincidence that I have a similar problem with the motherboard on both printers?

Is this one of those end of life warnings that I manually have to reset?

If anyone has seen something like this before I would very much appreciate a little help

printer-1-missing-magenta.jpg printer-2-missing-black.jpg

Robert M

Damper and lines

Is there ink in the dampers of the channels that don't fire
did you inspect the ribbon cables for possible flaws on the ends.
is there ink in the line after it hist the Y above the head?

RC

Hi Robert thanks for replying, Yes I have ink in all the dampers including the ones that are not firing. All the flat cables look good and are all clean. I do have ink in all the lines up to the head.

I did some more moving parts around between the two printers, I moved the main boards to see if the problems would move with them as a result I have one printer that works perfect and the other one a complete mess.

Printer one is now missing half the magenta and half the black I was only able to do one nozzle check the printer has now started to turn off after it prints one black bar of the nozzle check. I am also sometimes getting this error on startup “E067Err Xencoder”