• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh RJ 900 X - Charging the Ink Lines

LanceWest

Hello all,

I come to you, again, for help. I have been fighting with our Mutoh for two weeks. Friday, Jan 31, It printed fine. The following Monday, Feb 3, it showed a lot of missing segments on the nozzle check. I alternated between cleaning cycles and nozzle checks until I decided that it was only going to get worse. We just replaced the head in October but it seems that is the issue once again. So yesterday we replaced the head. the problem now is that all of the ink has sucked back toward the ink tanks and I cannot get it to push to the head. I have searched the settings for an initial fill, or an initial charge, or something that suggested it may flood the lines but have found nothing. Mutoh isn't very helpful as they want you to hire their service tech at like $125 an hour. So what do you think? Is there a way to do this through the settings?

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
When was the last time the maintenance station was replaced? Based on your description it sounds to me like the pump or cap isn't working correctly, both are part of the maintenance station. Also did you replace the dampers when you replaced the print head? Finally make sure that the head is seated in the carriage correctly, if it isn't them the cap can't seal the the head and the pump will just pull air instead of ink.

LanceWest

When was the last time the maintenance station was replaced? Based on your description it sounds to me like the pump or cap isn't working correctly, both are part of the maintenance station. Also did you replace the dampers when you replaced the print head? Finally make sure that the head is seated in the carriage correctly, if it isn't them the cap can't seal the the head and the pump will just pull air instead of ink.

I am not sure when the maintenance station was replaced, It is possible that it never has. The printer is less than 2 years old. I did replace the dampers and O-Rings when I replaced the head. It is also possible that it is not seated correctly. I cannot say for sure on that as my boss did that part, not myself.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It sounds like it's the maintenance station for sure. I'm willing to bet the original head was fine too and the station has been the problem the whole time. The cap top should be changed at least once per year and the manufacturer even recommend changing the whole station once per year but most people go longer than that.

LanceWest

The print head was not seated correctly. I failed to make sure it was sitting level in the carriage. Once that was taken care of it all started working