• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh rj6100 print head help

packman

Hi all,

I've aquired an old rj6100 and its in need of a service. I've got a service manual, 2 new heads, dampers, capping station and pump.

I've put the pump in, capping station, dampers and heads. I've set the head rank accordingly. But now what do I do. Do I need to run a system clean to put flush through the heads first or should it now print?

I don't want to go any further without a bit of help, cause I don't want to risk damaging the heads.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Mark

randya

I certainly would do a head flush with cleaning solution before inking up, if this has been setting for any length of time ( more than a few days)

packman

I certainly would do a head flush with cleaning solution before inking up, if this has been setting for any length of time ( more than a few days)

thanks for your help.

Apart from the flush with cleaning solution does it sound from my description that I've done everything else correctly? After setting the head rank are there any other settings that need adjusting?

Thanks mark

randya

You will need to do alignments.

there are mechanical alignments for the heads and timimg alignment for uni and bi directional at all head heights.

packman

Right, I've installed new heads, dampers, pump and capping station, ive syringed ink through waste bottle, the capping station station looks good with ink fill, I've got any air bubbles out of cartridges and lines, I've set head ranks and filled ink. Dampers are filling up, I've primed the heads and done a couple of powerful cleans

And still no bloody ink!!!

What am I doing wrong?

Could it be fuses? Is there a way to test the fuses? If it is, is there any where in the UK I can get these from?
Is there a name for the fuse i.e. type model number etc etc?

Really need to get this printer working like yesterday. As much advice as possible please.

Cheers Mark

Color Dude

Mark Shoot me a call and I will walk you through locating and testing the fuses.

99% of the time if you have ink in the system and flow is good with a syringe and cleaning cycles, that normally means the fuses are blown.

My number is in my signature

packman

Mark Shoot me a call and I will walk you through locating and testing the fuses.

99% of the time if you have ink in the system and flow is good with a syringe and cleaning cycles, that normally means the fuses are blown.

My number is in my signature

Thanks for your help color dude.

Whats the time difference over their compared to here? Need to pick a time when we're both around.

Is there anything I need before I contact you? I've read another post that you can put crocodile clips on each side of the fuse to get current going through to test. Do I need to get some in?

Cheers Mark

Color Dude

Yes get some..That is what we will use to jump the fuse. We need 2

At the time of this post it is December 9th at approx 3pm cst and I am leaving the shop for a couple of hours.

I will be back at about 6pm cst tonight.

packman

WEHAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

I got it to print!!!

Color Dude, I didn't get chance to call you cause I was out fitting yesterday, but I got back late last night and tried the crocodile clips and its printed a test print.

It ain't the best test print I've seen but at least I know I'm getting there.

I've searched the uk for the fuses but can't find a supplier any where. I know radio shack in the US do them, does anyone know if they ship to the uk? Or if theres a Uk dealer that sell them.

Once I get the new fuses in, whats next? Are there any adjustments to make?

I'll try and post up a pic of the test print a bit later.

Cheers Mark

packman

Does anyone have a link to the fuses on radioshack site? I've read a few posts that you can get them from there but I can't find them.

Cheers Mark