• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh rj6100 solvent conversion

packman

Looking for a bit of help regarding converting my mutoh to solvent.

I already have one thats converted to run eco solvent inks and I've just bought another one to convert in the same way.

The first one I bought is actually an AGFA jet sherpa 43i and the second is a MUTOH falcon, both 6 colour. I know these are the same machine just with different branding.

But the 2 have slightly different options in the printers menu. like with the agfa you can go into the utilities part and there is an option to wash, clean and fill but on the mutoh these options aren't there. Is this due to the version of the printers software or firmware etc?

Secondly, my agfa doesn't let you know when the cartridge is on its way out or empty. Which I prefer because I only run 4 colours instead of the 6 to keep costs down. I have 2 empty cartridges in because it will not print without 6 cartridges. But on the mutoh I have put in 2 empties and its flagging up that they are empty and will not print. Is there a way to turn the sensor off?

cheers Mark

bmatlock5

"Secondly, my agfa doesn't let you know when the cartridge is on its way out or empty. Which I prefer because I only run 4 colours instead of the 6 to keep costs down. I have 2 empty cartridges in because it will not print without 6 cartridges. But on the mutoh I have put in 2 empties and its flagging up that they are empty and will not print. Is there a way to turn the sensor off?"

my suggestion is to cut the flag off and empty cartridge with an x-acto knife and it should not show cartridge out

Border

Sorry if this sounds stupid. But what flag?
Cheers Mark
There's a white plastic tab that is actually mounted to the ink bag inside the cartridge. It sticks out a little and as the ink bag empties and collapses, that tab will move in and trip the low ink trigger. The tab is on the side of the cartridge near the bottom. All you need to do is cover the slot where that tab is with a piece of tape so it keeps the trigger pushed in and that should stop the low ink warning.

packman

thanks border, worked a treat. Never realised it was there. Now I know why my other machine doesn't sense the low inks, because theyre after market cartridges.

packman

But the 2 have slightly different options in the printers menu. like with the agfa you can go into the utilities part and there is an option to wash, clean and fill but on the mutoh these options aren't there. Is this due to the version of the printers software or firmware etc?

Can anyone shed some light on this bit please?

Cheers Mark

randya

This was an OEM printer with custom firmware.
It is possible that there are physical difference in the printer as well, I dont have info.

Last edited:

josko80

I have almost similar problem, I bought converted RJ4100 to solvent (not tested but looking in very good condition like new one), but on the display after starting it show Falcon 6-color. My printer RJ4100 have only 4 slots for cartridge and then I have permanent error [G,O] no cartridge, so it is still waiting for green and orange cartridge... I was trying to bypass pins on connector J410 and J411 by jumper but after that it show me different ink kind.... so I dont know how to solve it and do printer printig :( Conversion did VIP design company (vip-design.be) but they didn't answer on emails. Can anybody help me with that endless ring? Can I disable GO cartridges in service mode or what? thank you very much

Jozef