• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh rj900c/ replaced head wont shoot out any ink. need help badly

villaprinting03

Hi there guys , first post.... popped my cherry ;) .....

I have had this printer going on three years Mutoh RJ900c it has work flawlessly up until a week ago... with extensive internet searching i tryed to replace printhead... i have done so and replaced the original printhead it came with and seem to be running fine... the print head was purchased from coastal business and inks aswell....

i have called them but the tech isnt there til tomorrow so thought someone on here could give me some quick help as i have orders id like to start on tonight....

i replaced the printhead , everything runs smooth , i took my time and made sure to be perfect with details... using same ink purchased from same vendor for years now....

first printhead was printing fine and one day wouldnt get a good nozzle check... cleaned cleaned cleaned... then tryed soaking head then blah blah blah .... in the end came out same way.... so i figured , PRINTHEAD, i purchased new one , reinstalled it and nothing at all is coming out of the print head.... i have done ink charges and cleans on head... no errors everything as normal. when i do a nozzle check or print something nothing at all comes out. ZERO ink.... what could this be? what could i do to fix it? what does everyone else do and techs do that i did not after installing new head? i know i should have sent printer to tech, but i have no time for this as im needing printer to run and have replaced head on other printer before... i was very detailed like i said........... just need to know what i should do

ink is to the print head , it does drain when doing cleans. lines are full .... using same ink ive used for 3 years. j next or j tek something like that....

any help is appreciated . godbless

villaprinting03

also on the capping station seems to be very coloful... you can see each color perfect... it was clean and now it has each color very visible.... hmmmm

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You blew the head fuse. It's on the main board and can be repaired. It's a 750 milliamp quick blow fuse. Sometimes you get lucky and it's a newer model board which has the socket to just pop a new one in. More likely it is the solder type fuse and you will need to find someone to repair it for you if you don't know how to solder.

villaprinting03

thanks VanderJ for the response . i will check the fuse. any idea as to what fuse it is? any pictures on the web ? also if it was fuse would it give me an error or just remain doing as i posted

villaprinting03

IMG_1141.jpg IMG_1142.jpg here are my boards ... cannot see any fuses besides one on yellow board but looks like its where power for machine comes in and out

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
thanks VanderJ for the response . i will check the fuse. any idea as to what fuse it is? any pictures on the web ? also if it was fuse would it give me an error or just remain doing as i posted

Usually you want to check the F2 and F3 fuse. It will be labeled on the board that way. It's very small, near the edge of the board near the black heat sinks that stick up from the board. The fuse being blown will not give an error. It just looks like it is printing and nothing comes out of the head.

villaprinting03

found fuses on board. f2 seems to look like it will pop out.... and f3 looks like it would need to be solderd , it looks to be round and black . thank for advice . i will check and get back to you , thank in advance!

villaprinting03

ok i replaced the f2 fuse because it was blown.... after replacing it powered up and tryed to print a nozzle check.... nothing happend and same thing printer acted as if it was printing but nothing happend. open back up again , checked f2 fuse again... and it was blown.... so what now. any ideas? could the f3 fuse be causing this to happen? what else could this be . any ideas before i stick another f2 fuse in and it blows aswell

Umca

First, you have to check head cable. It can be short in pins.
And it possible power transistor is blown too and need to replace.

heyskull

ok i replaced the f2 fuse because it was blown.... after replacing it powered up and tryed to print a nozzle check.... nothing happend and same thing printer acted as if it was printing but nothing happend. open back up again , checked f2 fuse again... and it was blown.... so what now. any ideas? could the f3 fuse be causing this to happen? what else could this be . any ideas before i stick another f2 fuse in and it blows aswell

If you are lucky that is a head cable, only replace with an original cable as the after market ones can be hit and miss.
Then it's the printhead itself.
Our printer had a similar issue and the only cure was a new head and cable.
Be happy that it hasn't taken out the motherboard as that is big bucks.

SC

Lkruger79

If you are lucky that is a head cable, only replace with an original cable as the after market ones can be hit and miss.
Then it's the printhead itself.
Our printer had a similar issue and the only cure was a new head and cable.
Be happy that it hasn't taken out the motherboard as that is big bucks.

SC
May I ask how you know if it takes out the motherboar? Nothing will run then? I'm having same issues but when I replaced fuses and the head cable, the fuses don't blow but still no nozzle check print.