• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mutoh rockhopper 1 install help

potluck

Hi all,
i bought a second hand mutoh rockhopper 1 but did not realise that i needed a rip software. can anyone point me in the right direction on installing it and getting it running, i am really confused.
i would buy a rip but i do not have the funds to go for something like postershop etc
i currently use corel draw and photoshop.

pleassseeee help me.

randya

Since there are no window drivers for this printer you will need a RIP.
Hopefully whoever you get it from will help you set it up.

CS-SignSupply

You might be able to set it up as a GENERIC PRINTER using the windows Generic Print Driver... BUT you will not be able to properly control color with profiles and will more than likely run into issues printing anything over 3ft in length.

A RIP is really needed here. PhotoPrint SE 10 for PC - List $995 US - PM for best price

potluck

how would i go about setting it up as a Generic Print??
on the test print there are a few problems and i would like to make sure i can get the printer working 100% before i spend more money on it. if it was printing ok i would buy a rip

potluck

thanks guys for your help managed to install it as a Generic Printer and print direct from corel. perfect to test the printer is working ok but as ciber supply said colour and size is an issue when not using a rip!