• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh rockhopper 38" problem (no ink)

907customs

Truth is...I did sell it, replaced it with a Mutoh Valuejet 54". Between the time I sold it, and the time the buyer started using it, it broke:banghead: So, now i'm married to it till I get it up and running:doh:

szokes

Rockhopper 38

Hello.

I have mainly the same issue as read above. the gear shaft driven by the pump motor and drive the pump going wrong. Is it able to replace it or just the whole maintenance station. Could anybody provide me the info where and approx. what price can I buy it ?

thanks

907customs

You can replace just the small shaft with the gear on it. I ordered a complete maintenance station, and it was not included. One of the tech's at Signwarehouse gave me one off of a demo unit that they had onhand for training purposes. They should be able to tell you where to get one, or try Mutoh directly.

Color Dude

The Maintenance assembly is a complete unit that comes with everything ready to bolt in. If you received a Maintenance Assembly with no drive gear, then you got ripped.

I have attached a picture of a complete unit. I dont see that CMYKPARTS sells a complete Maintenance Assembly they sell all of the parts individually.

If you need Mutoh parts check out our site. We ship directly from Mutoh, so your getting the correct most current part. All of our pumps are current style pumps that can handle the solvent inks.

Just beware of the pumps you get from places other than Mutoh dealers. The new style pumps have a solvent based tubing inside with metal unions connecting to a softer exterior tubing. The old pumps used the softer tubing and the result was pinched tubing in the gears causing no ink flow.

I have installed pumps for custoomers recently that have just purchased the old style pumps. I dont know where they are getting them from, but I can assure you that we sell the new updated pumps that will last longer.

The first picture attached is a 48"/62" complete maintenance assembly which is mounted on a bracket ready for install with new capping assembly, pump & pump motor, all you have to do it take your old one out and replace the new one. Much easier than trying to change just the pump or the caps.

www.wideformatcolorparts.com

Attachments

• print39.jpg
    print39.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 74
  • pics 1000.jpg
    pics 1000.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 97

szokes

Thanks for all whos help me.

Yes, the oem maintenance assembly have to include everything (pump, capping, wiper, motor and gears) on a base you just have to replace with the old one, if not you buy from a wrong shop !
In europe the kindest dealer http://www.digiprint-supplies.com