Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mutoh Rockhopper Bi-Directional Alignment

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by Visualrelay, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Visualrelay

Visualrelay New Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Wetherill Park
    Hey guys,

Wondering if you could help in this matter.
    I have a 87" Rockhopper 2K Plus (also called Toucan LT) which prints fine in uni-directional, however I can not get it going in bi-directional.

I have attached pics of the alignment chart, which NORMALLY (according to the manual) should print the swatch, and all you have to do is simply choose the row number (1-7) of which of the lines match up... However, when I print this test, ALL rows (1-7) print out exactly the same lines? None are matched or even look different?

I have made sure that all settings are on bi-directional, and also booted the printer in the maintenance mode and changed all settings to be bi-directional etc etc before printing this.

Any help with this matter would be great??
    Has anyone even seen this before??

Attached Files:

2. randya

randya Very Active Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona
    That is because you are still WAY WAY off.

You need to do these adjustments in maintenance mode where you actually change a number to move these lines together.
    These should line up within a half a dot.

http://www.mutoh.com/kb/entry/117/