• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Rockhopper New mother board configuration

clock-work

Hi there,

Sorry to bother you guys again on my Mutoh Rockhopper 1 printer. I discovered that the carriage imposition error 072 my printer was giving is actually due to the new mother board I purchased. Each time I replaced the new mother board with the old damaged one , my printer completes initialization while the new one gives error 072 carriage imposition error. This my findings I reported to the mother board vendor and their reply was that the new board needs to be configured using a flash card and a parameter back-up card since the new board came to me naked . I have purchased the flash card and the parameter back-up card but I don't have a qualified tech. here in Nigeria , that means I have to do the configuration myself . Kindly assist me with stage by stage procedure for the installation and configuration of the new board so that I can resume printing .

Regards.

clock-work

Yeah , finally I got the maintenance manual and was able to use a flash card and a parameter back-up card to sort the printer's error 072 carriage imposition error out , I learn it was because the Motherboard came as a virgin and needed to be configured. But it only accepts media that is about 38" wide . If a media is wider than 38" inches it reports undefined media . what do I do to increase the media size to 62" ,the original size of the printer ?

clock-work

I don't think the firmware is for 38" because I returned the old damaged motherboard to it and the problem persisted and this was not so when the board was working . It could only print to 24" width instead of 62" the printer was configured for. I must have created that problem while I was looking for solution to the encoder error