• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Rockhopper Problem

studioa2

Hi to all, I have one problem with my Mutoh Rockhopper 48/62. In one moment one of the printer heads stopped responding (with black and blue ink), after opening the case with electronics we concluded that one of the fuses one with mark 20 on itself, is broken. What I want to know is how amperes is that fuse, and if there is any other "mark of recognition" for that fuse. I will be grateful for as quick answer as it could be. Thank you in advance.

studioa2

Well I found here something that could be helpful and I tried and it works... well, sort of...
But first short description of problem: Couple a days ago my printer stopped working, precisely one of printer head stopped responding. We found that one of the fuses ( already mentioned F2), has broken, since there is no clear signs of which strength is that fuse I tried to find out here but with little luck. Day after that we found out why that fuse has broke: we removed the upper case of printer so flat cables are exposed, and in one moment when we were cleaning head, flat cable were cut off on case of printer, actually only one of flat cables were damaged, the upper one, and only one "thin wire" inside of that cable was broken. We had changed that cable and put a new fuse - 1Amps, instead of broken one but now the whole printer started to act "funny", it draws in and out paper, PVC or any other material that is put in it, after that it starts with test printing and it gives all colors except black, black is splattered across whole paper in thick lines!!!???
Question goes: is it possible that after the fuse has burn out, something else has broke? After all there has been small "power stroke" when that wire from flat cable touched metal case of printer and i suspect that that is the cause of burning the fuse out but could there be any other consequences that I am unaware of?

P.S. Thanks for worm welcome :)

Last edited: