• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh SC 1400D X-Motor problem

emk

Hi,

Having a problem with the x-motor of SC 1400D. So basically the problem is:

When loading media, cutter normally checks the rolls, and after that it should check the edges of the sheet but the X-motor doesn't do a thing. The cutter just keeps waiting the motor, and finally says "No media loaded", not giving any fault codes.

So far I've checked:

- X-front & rear-sensors
- Wirings and connections
- The voltage on the cable for x-motor doesn't change when the motor should run, so it seems that the motor itself could work but it doesn't get any signal.

Could there still be some simple problem, or is the main board only solution? There just doesn't seem to be same kind of cutters nearby that could borrow one for a test, and would like to be sure of the problem before buying one :toasting:

Contacted the local dealer and they said that this is the first problem of this kind, has anyone here faced such problem?