Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Mutoh Service Tech Central Texas

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by TXMOD70, Oct 8, 2018.

1. TXMOD70

TXMOD70 Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Salado, Tx
    In need of Mutoh 1204 tech in the central Texas area, ( Belton ). Printer will print some of a file and stop then I get -write port error--, Changed programs, computer, cables,
    I'm using Flexi 12, Really need this fixed ASAP.

Thanks
    George
    254-681-4123

Tags:
  2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Usually the first thing you want to check is if the computer is falling asleep during printing. These printers don't have a ton of memory on them so the computer has to continuously send data. If the computer falls asleep this will stop the flow. Also, are you connected directly to the printer or through a hub?

3. morty87

morty87 Member

Feb 17, 2018
    Vancouver
    I had same problem with my mutoh 1624. My files were to big and that happened to me, which also agrees with VanderJ

4. fuzzy_cam

fuzzy_cam The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy

Mar 7, 2017
    Granbury, TX
    Check your power settings on the PC. Change the power plan to High Performance, and under advanced settings make it so the Hard Drive never sleeps and automatic sleep is disabled. What are the specs on the machine you're using?