• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wanted Mutoh Service Technician North Central Missouri

mameighan

Any one know anyone that could service a Mutoh 1324 in the Mid-Missouri area (Moberly, North of Columbia)?

1324 is playing up and I have replaced maintenance station before but would pay a tech (if I can afford it) to do it and trouble shoot some issues

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
What kind of issues are you having?

We paid a tech to come replace the maintenance station on both of 1624's, two separate times. We then needed a print head replaced on the older machine, which we ended up doing in-house. After that, I would have much rather not paid someone to come out and do the other work.

mameighan

Thanks for the reply. Just bad print at the minute. Nozzles and/or not getting enough ink.

I have a maintenance station on the way and have replaced one before.
Yesterday I discovered fully blocked drain pipes much to the downfall of my carpet.

I replaced the cap yesterday and it helped a bit but I think it may not be sealing correctly.

Still missing nozzles, fuzzy print

I am not very mechanical and sometimes just throw good money after bad so if there was a tech close to me it might be worth it

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
Did you pull the metal cover under your maint. station? We have to pull and clean all of the drain lines from both of our machines about once a year. If the drain lines are clogged, the maint. station can't effectively puill ink down through the head - resulting in clogged nozzles.

EDIT: I saw your other post. If you do end up having a tech available.... do it. Especially if they will spend an hour or so on other troubleshooting, may be well worth the dime.

mameighan

Thanks
Found out that the drains were completely clogged. Hasn't fixed the issue entirely though so I am replacing the maintenance station and we will see