Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted Mutoh Service Technician North Central Missouri

Discussion in 'Member to Member Classifieds • Help Wanted' started by mameighan, Sep 1, 2018.

1. mameighan

mameighan Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Moberly
    Any one know anyone that could service a Mutoh 1324 in the Mid-Missouri area (Moberly, North of Columbia)?

1324 is playing up and I have replaced maintenance station before but would pay a tech (if I can afford it) to do it and trouble shoot some issues

Tags:
  2. fuzzy_cam

fuzzy_cam The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy

Mar 7, 2017
    Granbury, TX
    What kind of issues are you having?

We paid a tech to come replace the maintenance station on both of 1624's, two separate times. We then needed a print head replaced on the older machine, which we ended up doing in-house. After that, I would have much rather not paid someone to come out and do the other work.

3. mameighan

mameighan Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Moberly
    Thanks for the reply. Just bad print at the minute. Nozzles and/or not getting enough ink.

I have a maintenance station on the way and have replaced one before.
    Yesterday I discovered fully blocked drain pipes much to the downfall of my carpet.

I replaced the cap yesterday and it helped a bit but I think it may not be sealing correctly.

Still missing nozzles, fuzzy print

I am not very mechanical and sometimes just throw good money after bad so if there was a tech close to me it might be worth it

4. fuzzy_cam

fuzzy_cam The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy

Mar 7, 2017
    Granbury, TX
    Did you pull the metal cover under your maint. station? We have to pull and clean all of the drain lines from both of our machines about once a year. If the drain lines are clogged, the maint. station can't effectively puill ink down through the head - resulting in clogged nozzles.

EDIT: I saw your other post. If you do end up having a tech available.... do it. Especially if they will spend an hour or so on other troubleshooting, may be well worth the dime.

5. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Try James McGill at 270 243-0599. We have contracted him out to do jobs in MO.

6. mameighan

mameighan Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Moberly
    Thanks
    Found out that the drains were completely clogged. Hasn't fixed the issue entirely though so I am replacing the maintenance station and we will see