• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Spitfire 65/90 Black lines in print

Veka

Incredibly, one thing appears to solve the other, the white lines I've solved it, it was an air damper, and on bad vacuum capping. When they appeared white lines, couple of times they appeared black, now they reappeared, do not go the whole print, test print is excellent. For another problem I know what it is but I do not know how to solve it, in that bi-dir I have different shades of same color, I have changed head recently and I do not know how the adjustment. And another thing, when I printed up a few same prints out couple of times each time at the beginning of printing would have been a bad dist adjustment from the last printing on which was good, for each new print would have strikes from the 1mm between passes

randya

Picture and or drawings may help.

Also you will need a manual and do the alignments, or have a tech do them.

Not sure what you mean about the bad dist adjust.

Veka

I think that I printed up some billboards, but not all together, but I rip once the print again, the same billboards, is happening when it goes to print is the distance between passes, I fix the dist adjust be OK until the end of print, I rip a new print that is the same and again the distance between passes is a big, the machine is set to dist Adjust 99.70 I put the last print, and that was OK, except that in the new print is not OK, and again I must decrease.

randya

Different media?
Different backing on the media?
Feed system?
Take-up system?
Adjust set in RIP overriding the machine?

Most likely something changed.

Veka

Some print images and test print

pics 1, 2 print & test print after print
pics 3 black lines in print
pics 3, 5 my test print

Attachments

• DSC02047.jpg
    DSC02047.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC02048.jpg
    DSC02048.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC02051.jpg
    DSC02051.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC02049.jpg
    DSC02049.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC02050.jpg
    DSC02050.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 65

Veka

whether anyone knows anything for these black lines, what could be. Why sometimes the color starts to drop while printing, what should I look?

J Hill Designs

the pink print looks like ink starvation...maybe dampers should be changed...

black lines? i dont know, maybe a loose thread handing from the head

test prints look ok

Veka

the man gave me two different colors, different companies and one eco solvent other mild solvent. Is it possible that because of this I have problems?

Veka

thanks, one question drops can also be doing a different color, and May I in the maintenace set same somewhere to bend the foil slightly larger temperatures around 35C, constantly on the same two places. Is it possible that the roll-up system disrupted?

randya

thanks, one question drops can also be doing a different color, and May I in the maintenace set same somewhere to bend the foil slightly larger temperatures around 35C, constantly on the same two places. Is it possible that the roll-up system disrupted?

Sorry, dont think I understand the question.

Veka

drops of ink in print may also be doing different types of colors (eco and mild solvent)? Can I anywhere in maintenace mode to check whether a roll-up system good, because the films are often bent at slightly higher temperatures of 35C, so I thought that the roll-up system is not okay.

randya

drops of ink in print may also be doing different types of colors (eco and mild solvent)?
Every ink brand and type -eco or mild, is going to be a different color.
Some will be close enough, some not

Can I anywhere in maintenace mode to check whether a roll-up system good, because the films are often bent at slightly higher temperatures of 35C, so I thought that the roll-up system is not okay.

The feed and take up system is seprate from the printer, so there are no settings in maintenance mode.

ftp://ftp.mutoh.com/Printer Information_Manuals/VJ-1604/Maintenance Information/Videos/

There is a method there to check alignment, you can use this on the feed and output to make sure it is aligned.
If not you may need to shim them to get them even.

Media distortion at 35c depends on the media.
Adhesive backed vinyl should be good for 40-46c for platens and 50 for dryer
Banner usually 35-38 for platens, 50 for dryer
Polyesters can be much lower.