• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh SpitFire

Urban Image

Our company just got the Mutoh Spitfire in the demo room and... wow. It is really fast. Also, and maybe I'm just a lightweight, but the room is a bit of an acquired taste (tolerance) even when its vented. It is definitely in a completely different class than any eco-solvent printer out there, though. The colors are undeniably brighter and far more vivid. All-in-all it probably takes some getting used to but its pretty cool. I took some pictures with my phone. They're pretty low res but they are interesting to see. I took them just after we got it set up and the sales guys got to put out the first prints. I'll post those pictures later tonight. We have the 65" in there.

Also, I remember seeing a flyer for the HP 9000 say that with mild-sol inks the ventilation wasn't needed, just recommended. I was in there for about 30-45 minutes without ventilation. It's definitely needed.

Cheers,

Zach

Compilla

The Mutoh Spit fire it is an upgraded version of the FalconII and incorporates the ValueJet wave technology...

I've heard still has a lot of Software and Firmware bugs...

Urban Image

Oops, I forgot to upload the pics.

Honestly, I don't see much similarity between our Spitfire and the Falcon II. The Spitfire is very similar to the Toucan LT, though. And we haven't had any issues with firmware. There was some issue with its cooperation with the RIP software (Onyx) but our company talked with Onyx for a long time and a solution was found by one of our technicians (Mike DeJournett). Onyx put out the update and there hasn't been any issues since.

But if you want to talk about new printers this year that have some terrible firmware problems I can write you a book on the subject. HP is the worst by far but it has some tough competition.

I'll post some pictures of the Spitfire for you. It is like a beefed up Toucan LT. These images are from us doing profiles for adhesive backed vinyl and scrim. We never use the factory standard profiles because they tend to look like crap. My boss picked out the canyon image. We picked out some others after he left.

Attachments

• Canyon Print.jpg
    Canyon Print.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 122
  • Canyon Print - Edited.JPG
    Canyon Print - Edited.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 114
  • Christina - Edited.JPG
    Christina - Edited.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 106
  • Christina Detail.JPG
    Christina Detail.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 142
  • Girl Blue.JPG
    Girl Blue.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 107

Urban Image

I don't work for a sign shop. I work in testing and tech for a dealer. We were testing it with the canyon banners and profiling on the other ones. You can see the picture with the girl in blue had us all over the color spectrum. It was hilarious. Carlos had the first print with her skin damned near neon red!