• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh streaks in green print. Help!

P

ProWraps™

no. just the regular mode. should i try the maintenance thing? we have exhausted our options as far as profiles and combinations etc... nothing more we can do on the software end.

MachServTech

randya...y Motor?

Next thing I would check would be a voltage drop to the machine causing print issues. anything change recently? another piece of equip installed or plugged in that circuit?

P

ProWraps™

unplugged everything in the shop. rebooted printer. doing the same thing.. ugh. this thing is killing me.

Flame

I'd say your heaters are acting up. Almost positive. Get them working properly, good even heat all across the board.

randya

no. just the regular mode. should i try the maintenance thing? we have exhausted our options as far as profiles and combinations etc... nothing more we can do on the software end.

You should look at the alignments in maintenance mode, the front panel alignments are not as reliable.

You will need a 20x scope to accurately check alignments.
Check head tilt
Uni and Bi's

And yes it is getting more probable that it is actually the cr motor, bearings or raceway lube if this continues to get worse.

So pull some covers off and check for noise and check out the pulleys for the cr drive system.

P

ProWraps™

pulled the covers. will clean and grease the raceways. is that just standard white lithium grease? nothing looks damanged or anything. this printer is one month out of the year warranty. go figure.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Thought you had two of those machines right? Send it to the other one and Isolate the software/computer vs printer.

P

ProWraps™

have two more on the way. problem is, i need to be printing NOW. we have a deadline that if we dont print now, we wont meet.

pulled the covers. will clean and grease the raceways. is that just standard white lithium grease? nothing looks damanged or anything. this printer is one month out of the year warranty. go figure.

Have you called your dealer? Can they come out since it's only a month? Some are mercifull!

randya

What bothers me is the inconsistancy and what looks like getting worse and worse.

Getting worse and worse is actually good for a problem, usually means it will be easier to id the problem when a part fails.

Problem still is to id the source, dont give up yet!

I am throwing out possibilities here, relying on your testing and observation.'

Kind of tough to trouble shoot by forum some times.

Is this happening on all files and colors or primarily this green?

Try printing solid patches of 100% C, Y, M and K and check for the same effect.

Do you know how to get in maintenace mode and properly evaluate alignments?

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
You just spent alot of money with your supplier and will buy even more materials in the future? I would think they would bend over backwards to help.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Looks like you are running 2 pass? try to bump it up to 4. Material might not be spending enough time on heaters and the inconsistncy in adhesive/paper/vinyl thickness with be throwing it off.

I have only had sucess with paper on 2 pass.

P

ProWraps™

pretty much only green. we were able to make it not as bad as the last pic i posted using different profiles. i have just returned with the lithium grease and have cleaned the raceways. im going to finish this operation, the will do the alignment check.

thanks for your help everyone. keep the tips coming! im desparate!

NazGraphics

hello i had the same problem couple of weeks ago my media was coursing the miss print i recommend get a good head cleaning with the staps and change ur media

P

ProWraps™

we greased the rollers set ALL the heaters to max, and put two layers of metal tape on the platten. its made a BIG difference. we will put two more layers of tape on there after this print. consider it a day wasted.

BUT as much as i hate this, i truely do love it because what it does is allow us from now on to instantly recognize issues and how to fix them.

you can rest assured the new set of 64's we have coming will be modified right out of the box.

a BIG thank you to ALL that took the time to help me with this today.

this is a very real example of the help that this forum does provide.

we are not quite there yet with the issue, but with all the help, we are getting there.

i spoke to bill (derf) and he said he has the same issue with green on his mutoh. its funny because we can flood every other color with NO issues. i guess for some reason, green is the test. and it figures that we are printing about 25k sq/ft of it. heh. gotta love it!