• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Tech in the DC Area

onlyjames

The World Is Never Enough
Hi, Im possibly looking for a tech to work on my Falcon 2 (64").

Im getting close to my limits of fixing my printer, Im giving it a few more days of trying....hopefully I'll have some positive progress during that time.

If not I'll be looking for a local tech to come take a look. Im in no position to pay the amazing fee's by some of the larger companies. Im looking for either a smaller company, or a tech who works solo ect ect.

If anyone is/knows someone that meets these requirements please contact me......Email is best... onlyjames@Hotmail.com

Im definatly looking for someone/some place with references.

Please dont contact me with info for places like GEI ect ect....I can not afford that level of pricing.

Thanks, James

:thankyou:

Graphics2u

Did you get you Ribbon cables replaced? When that ink leaked on the black head did it get into the slots the ribbon cables slide into? If it was running that could have shorted something out.

onlyjames

Hey Jeff! hows it going?

ha ha, a lot has changed for me since the last time we talked! :(

Yeah, I actually changed the black head cables today, as well as the yellow head cables, the cyan and magenta have not had any problems throughout this so I did not replace them yet.

It is highly possible that the ink got into the slots, or something similar to that....or somewhere else on the print head....I cant be certain, but I know something like that had to happen to cause all of this.

Im really really hoping I did not create some major damage....I know you changed your main board...Im guessing you dropped a couple G's on that....

I can accept that, but I cant accept it if I replace that and THEN find out its something different!! ha ha....I dont have that much $$ to toss around!!

SIGH....I just want it printing again!! I was so excited to upload the new firmware you sent me! A simple adjustment to the black print head and now this....I did something wrong, and now its costing me.

Thanks for the input! its always appreciated!

solock

give ray weiss a call at Walker Supply walkerwide.com. They are mutoh dealers and service too. He is really good on the phone, and they are in rockville MD so not too far from dc. 800-775-9528

Steve

onlyjames

give ray weiss a call at Walker Supply walkerwide.com. They are mutoh dealers and service too. He is really good on the phone, and they are in rockville MD so not too far from dc. 800-775-9528

Steve

Thanks Steve, I sent an email

onlyjames

Thanks Solock,

I have ray comming by tomorrow, he is gunna take a look, but mostly he works on Valujets.

In case he does not end up doing the work, Im still open to names/companies if anyone knows anyone/anyplace

Thanks!

onlyjames

Thanks, I actually spoke with Glenn today, he is going to be in AZ all next week for training :(

So, Im getting 2 new print heads and Ray Weiss will come back for the install.

I'll report back once its finished and let people know how things went.

So far, Ray came by to check out everything, and has given me a very reasonable price to install the print heads. He is trained on the valujets, but feels very comfortable with this install.

I'll let everyone know how it goes!

I would be using Glenn if he were in town....but I really need this thing fixed asap