• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Techs????

bendeane

Thanks for the info. Got a new motor from mutoh and put it in myself. Was a little afraid at first, but she's running smoother than ever. Didn't renew the warranty and Murphy filed a lawsuit about a month later, LOL.

Thanks again for the leads.

bendeane

Some noise that still concerns me...

So I changed the motor out, cleaned the encoder strip, cleaned and lubed the bearing raceways and there are still times when on the return trip to the right side of the printer, the carriage unit sounds like a whining dog. It would do this before I changed the motor and it didn't do it for awhile after I changed the motor and now it is doing it again.

Any other suggestions? I took the back panel off and couldn't find any blaring hairs, dust, fibers, etc. on the raceway track in the back.

Thought I'd see if anyone had similar experiences with this.

Mutoh VJ1614.

Thanks,
Ben

jhanson

May have a grooved raceway or a damaged bearing. Are there any grooves or ruts in the upper (rear) raceway track?

tgrinds

Might be the CR belt. Apply a little grease. That might help if it's not the carriage itself. I've had that happen before.

h82loose

Did you clean the 4 races for the bearing? Did you lube them after? If you did the previous, I have seen several times that the belt is loose. Try tightening it. If you take the left end covers off, watch the belt. Make sure it seats smoothly while it is running.