• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Toucan Lt print heads

n737rp

Hello to all.. I am a NEW member just signed up tonight.. I have the Mutoh printer, that needs two heads I purchased it that way got a steel of a deal on the unit, but I dont want to go purchase brand new heads. Does anyone know where I can find used parts for this printer.. Thanks a million:thankyou::U Rock:

signage

:Welcome: to the forums from PA. OllllllO

If someone replaces the head they are bad that is why they bought them. Also once they have ink in them it is almost impossible to get it all out, and that in its self will cause the head to go bad!

chorca

Depending on how long the machine has been sitting, there are techniques that can be attempted to get print heads back to life, but they are a consumable as most other things (capping station, pump) are on this device. They need to be replaced every so often when they're used in a production setting.

Also, depending on how long it's been setting, you will need to flush the ink lines and purchase new ink for the printer. Unfortunately, if you can't get the heads clean, you'll need to buy new ones.

Search around on the forums, there are a couple methods people have tried including soaking the heads in a special cleaner with a coffee filter on the capping station, while others have tried ultrasonic cleaners.

Good luck!