• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help MUTOH ULTIMA 1400D STUCK!!!

We currently have a Mutoh Ultima that we've been trying to get working. As i was installing the firmware update, the computer hit an error n stopped. Unfortunately, the machine is stuck on the initialize screen, and the computer is telling me to change the baud rate on the cutter, but I am unable to due to the screen being stuck. Does anyone know a work around this, or a way to get the firmware on the machine.

Umca

I think you can try to update with PCMCIA flash card. It is hardware option with direct access to plotter's memory.

Umca

Hold on....
File *.bin for update with PC and file for update with flachcard are different. For flashcard you have to use *.pcc file.
Another option - update with COM port cable by attached manual for critical situation.

Attachments

• Ultima_FW_Critical.jpg
    Ultima_FW_Critical.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 291
Umca I read that in the manual, but that’s for situations outside the critical areas correct? My issue occurred inside the critical area, that’s why I am assuming that I need to update with the flashcard. Are you aware if the *.pcc file is downloadable from the Mutoh FTP? Thank you and your help is greatly appreciated.