Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help MUTOH ULTIMA 1400D STUCK!!!

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by STAY INFORMED CUSTOMS, Apr 30, 2019.

1. STAY INFORMED CUSTOMS

STAY INFORMED CUSTOMS New Member

Apr 10, 2019
    SAN DIEGO, CA
    We currently have a Mutoh Ultima that we've been trying to get working. As i was installing the firmware update, the computer hit an error n stopped. Unfortunately, the machine is stuck on the initialize screen, and the computer is telling me to change the baud rate on the cutter, but I am unable to due to the screen being stuck. Does anyone know a work around this, or a way to get the firmware on the machine.

Tags:
  2. Umca

Umca Member

Sep 4, 2015
    UA
    I think you can try to update with PCMCIA flash card. It is hardware option with direct access to plotter's memory.

3. STAY INFORMED CUSTOMS

Apr 10, 2019
    SAN DIEGO, CA
    UmcaUmca Awesome!!! Do I just upload the .bin file onto the PCMCIA flash card and pop it into the slot on the plotter???

4. Umca

Umca Member

Sep 4, 2015
    UA
    Hold on....
    File *.bin for update with PC and file for update with flachcard are different. For flashcard you have to use *.pcc file.
    Another option - update with COM port cable by attached manual for critical situation.

Attached Files:

5. STAY INFORMED CUSTOMS

Apr 10, 2019
    SAN DIEGO, CA
    UmcaUmca I read that in the manual, but that’s for situations outside the critical areas correct? My issue occurred inside the critical area, that’s why I am assuming that I need to update with the flashcard. Are you aware if the *.pcc file is downloadable from the Mutoh FTP? Thank you and your help is greatly appreciated.