• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Ultima contour cut problems

heyskull

We have a Valuejet and a Ultima plotter this is all run through Wasatch RIP.
We are having problems contour cutting over large lengths as it runs out.
Also afterwards you can get different errors at the end of the plotting saying media not long enough etc.

Does anyone have this problem?
Or even better anyone have a cure for it?

Sean

Graphics2u

over large lengths as it runs out.

Sean

What do you mean Runs out?

Also afterwards you can get different errors at the end of the plotting saying media not long enough etc.

Does it cut alright then give you the error?

You need to have at least 4 inches of material after the bounding box otherwise the EPOS system will not work.

I use Flexi but I've found that when contour cutting that you need to load material and use the sheet function unless your using a real long roll of material. Seems like when it initializes in Roll mode and then comes to the end of the material during the cutting process it messes things up.

renamer38

dont know how it goes with Wasatch RIP ,but i use Caldera and there is a blind cut or even ''none'' cut option - where he will not search reg. marks or similar stuff related to reading of an image...

heyskull

It seems really random sometimes it will work 1st time and other time it just can't find all the marks.
Then sometimes it will read all the marks say there is an error then go back slowly and then cut the contour!
But it seems to come up mostly at the end of cutting that there was an error or not enough material to cut it!!
SC

renamer38

It seems really random sometimes it will work 1st time and other time it just can't find all the marks.
Then sometimes it will read all the marks say there is an error then go back slowly and then cut the contour!
But it seems to come up mostly at the end of cutting that there was an error or not enough material to cut it!!
SC

like the image from pc is not the same as imge ment for cutting

renamer38

No it comes up with random error messages.

SC

I can for sure tell that Ultima is maybe the most advanced/high class cutter but also it has its bad sides .So i had much costumers with their problems that even best mutoh technician cannot solve...

:toasting:

heyskull

If I set the plotter up for a sheet load the material and let it read the marks.
At the end the screen displays "The plot data is out of limit and is clipped to hardclip region"
What does this message mean?

SC

hapycmpr

"The plot data is out of limit and is clipped to hardclip region"

Did you ever find a cure for this. My cutter started this and now it wont cut anything and gives this message