Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mutoh USB Cutter and mouse conflict

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by Graphics2u, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Graphics2u

Graphics2u Very Active Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Iowa
    I've got a SC1400-D Cutter which is a USB Connection and I've always had a little problem with my USB mouse freezing up when using the cutter. not too often but once in a while.

Well recently it's gotten worse for some reason. when it happens I have to unplug the mouse and plug it back in and it's fine for a while. Sometimes now it will do it every 30 seconds for a couple minutes.

Only happens when my cutter is cutting, never when it's just on and not cutting.

Tried 3 different mice and one was a PS2 mouse also and still would do it. Running Flexi.

Any thoughts????

Tags:
  2. OneUpTenn

OneUpTenn Active Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Can you connect your Cutter with a serial port connection? They say thats better anyway.

3. Graphics2u

Graphics2u Very Active Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Iowa
    Suppose I can but it's been connected this way for several years, it's just gotten much worse recently.

Why is Serial better?

4. randya

randya Very Active Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona
    The 1400 is not actually a USB device, it is a serial device that happens to use a usb connector.

There is actually a serial driver and a usb driver that installs to operate.

You might try uninstalling these and reinstalling, but first I would delete the mouse usb driver and let if reinstall.

5. HaroldDesign

HaroldDesign Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    randya has it right. After re-installing the two drivers, re-name your COM port in the device manager to coincide with what is set in your application settings. Be sure to direct the installer to the files on the install disc so it doesn't look to the same directory as the old ones.