• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Users ... Reviews Wanted

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Do you get tired of seeing posts wanting to know "What's the best plotter, printer, software, fill in the blank?". The new Signs 101 Product Reviews is aimed at developing an answer to this constantly asked question. But we need your help to develop this into a useful resource.

If you have direct experience with Mutoh printers, plotters or software, please take a few minutes and tell us what you think by reviewing the products you know about.

Here's a link to the products that have been started so far. If there are missing products you'd like to review, just let us know and we'll add it into the mix.

Bigdawg

Just Me
You can add a product here:
attachment.php

Attachments

• AddREview.jpg
    AddREview.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 418

FINBAR

As a relatively long time user/sufferer of a mutoh rockhopper 38/falcon i now ask the question----- should one force the heads into a parking position and wedge them in that position?
One wedges them so when syphoning in order to "draw" ink-----
would the heads be better parked tightly over the capping station rather than in the "normal" self-parking position?
I have a 5 year old machine that is under-used----perhaps 2m2 per week!!! But wonder if the maintenance station need replacing because of the constant need to syphon before jobs.
Ok -----saturday night in the west of ireland, feeling alone and no tech help shoulder on which to cry----------- the local pub beckons:wine-smi:--------
barry/finbar

Stealth Ryder

As a relatively long time user/sufferer of a mutoh rockhopper 38/falcon i now ask the question----- should one force the heads into a parking position and wedge them in that position?
One wedges them so when syphoning in order to "draw" ink-----
would the heads be better parked tightly over the capping station rather than in the "normal" self-parking position?
I have a 5 year old machine that is under-used----perhaps 2m2 per week!!! But wonder if the maintenance station need replacing because of the constant need to syphon before jobs.
Ok -----saturday night in the west of ireland, feeling alone and no tech help shoulder on which to cry----------- the local pub beckons:wine-smi:--------
barry/finbar

Heh heh Heh at the Pub thing... Replace MS and resolve your problems... Great old machine though...

Cheers :wine-smi:

Oska

That's very mature...

I have a mutoh VJ 1604 and it's wonderful! it prints all pantones colours wrong.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
So what does it take to get a real answer?

Should I start talking about my dog?

What helps is to start your own thread and ask your question(s) in an understandable way. This thread is a year and a half old and is about wanting reviews posted in the reviews section. It isn't intended for you to piggyback on and probably gets about 1/4th the readers as if you actually started your own thread.

Latigo

Our Mutoh Falcon Outdoor just died, but no complaints. It ran for 8 years with the ususal maintenance station, pump and head replacements. It's paid for itself many times over. The only reason for replacing it now is that the heater circuit boards are no longer made or available.

After paying for the extended warrantee of almost 3 years, we were able to obtain the right manual for complete repairs and replacement procedures. My Son then began doing all of his own service, parts replacements and trouble shooting. As far as we're concered this unit did what it was supposed to do and being running machinery, it occasionally had it's problems, but all of them solveable. It appears that we'll probably be buying the new 1624 to replace it.

After reading a lot of posts in three different product forums here, I've concluded that many users have unrealistic expectations of these digital printers. They're basically machines. Machines wear and have periodic breakdowns. That's a simple fact. The best we can do is base our decision on the units that have an early product track record for being among the toughest and built for simple longevity without worrying about the whistles and bells.

This little old Mutoh did it's job.

P

eliseoorellana

trying to get information about a technician who can come and service my machine and get it running properly. I have a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor Junior Serial CJ070502. Power went out for about 10 days and ink dried up. It only prints a little black and no color. I am in the Nothern IL area; Lake County. Eliseo Orellana 224-475-1009. e@associatedgraphicsgroup.com Thanks.

JLSignsLLC

Value jet 64" 1614 here. Three major costly problems in three years. Going to sell or shoot with my .45 which ever happens first. Mutoh is horrible with addressing problems, all they want to do is point the finger at the dealer and blame them. Would not buy another. Going with a Roland

SignTeam.us

Value jet 64" 1614 here. Three major costly problems in three years. Going to sell or shoot with my .45 which ever happens first. Mutoh is horrible with addressing problems, all they want to do is point the finger at the dealer and blame them. Would not buy another. Going with a Roland

+1 :goodpost:

Roland owner for over 4 years and 3 months Mutoh, never again will invest in any Mutoh products.

Gilligan

Well... looks like there is glitch in the system.

We're sorry, but the system experienced an unrecoverable error. Please try again later.

Script:

Query: SELECT groupid,cpaccess,modaccess,uploads,reviews,editpho,editposts,reqmod,uplimit FROM rp_usergroups WHERE

Result: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

Database handle: Resource id #30

Gilligan

BTW, that's the product review page that is doing that... I thought at first it would be obvious but maybe not.