• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Value Jet 1204

lucasdowden

About a week ago my printer started to overspray or not print correctly in black (picture with the T look around the edges) I cleaned the printer really good. Now I have got some weird marks in blue, it almost looks like the rollers have ink on them. I cleaned the rollers and that is not the case. It seems like things are getting progressively worse . Any Ideas IMG_3468.jpg IMG_3470.jpg

RG

Did you clean the printhead really good? Looks like some lint or trash is stuck on the printhead. Fibers from banner media cause my 1204 to print like this sometimes. You would probably get more replies if you post this in the Mutoh section of this forum. Just sayin'.

401Graphics

About a week ago my printer started to overspray or not print correctly in black (picture with the T look around the edges) I cleaned the printer really good. Now I have got some weird marks in blue, it almost looks like the rollers have ink on them. I cleaned the rollers and that is not the case. It seems like things are getting progressively worse . Any Ideas View attachment 117364 View attachment 117365
My 1204 does the same thing. the solution for me was to print with the head in the "low" position. (the orange lever)