• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Value Jet 1624X Printing Black Ink

GoCats

Hi All, we are having some problems printing full coverage black ink. It seems to be laying down a ton of ink and comes out very wet still. Every other color comes out fine. Does anyone have any tips on what profile to use for this? any other suggestions? Thank You

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
You need to post a few more details in order to get some useful feedback.
What RIP are you using?
What Profile are you using?
What material are you printing on?
Did it print correctly before or has never printed black well?
Does this happen to all files you send or just a particular one or series of files?
Have you changed anything on the printer - material or software recently?
Have you tried other profiles?

BKBRO

Our Mutoh is doing something similar. Mutoh tech support told us it is likely one of two ribbon cables. We've ordered them (they were <$35 on Amazon), and hope their replacement fixes the issue.

rjssigns

Something simple if OP is using Flexi RIP. Make sure the correct profile is loaded for the material being used. if that is still too much ink the droplet size can be changed. Large droplet = more ink, medium = less ink, small = least ink. Not in front of the system right now so can't give you a step by step.