• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Valuecut 1800 VC-1800

Eddie Greer

Does anyone have any experience with the Mutoh cutters (VC-1800 72" cutter?). I have a VJ-1204 and can get this cutter at a great price. I currently have and love a 24" CE-6000-60.

What's your thought?

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
I've used a VC-1800 for over 5 years. Works perfectly fine. The only thing I don't care for is how easily it can bow if you lean on it (don't do this). It cuts accurate and I prefer the "segmented cutting" to a cutter just reading all the registration marks and cutting the entire piece at once.
Otherwise, I like the Summa series cutters for their small registration marks and accuracy as well. No segmented cutting though. Graphtec were good back in the day but unlike these two, they have their problems. I still use my FC7000 MKII at home. I just cut slow and nothing more than 10 feet in length.

Eddie Greer

I've used a VC-1800 for over 5 years. Works perfectly fine. The only thing I don't care for is how easily it can bow if you lean on it (don't do this). It cuts accurate and I prefer the "segmented cutting" to a cutter just reading all the registration marks and cutting the entire piece at once.
Otherwise, I like the Summa series cutters for their small registration marks and accuracy as well. No segmented cutting though. Graphtec were good back in the day but unlike these two, they have their problems. I still use my FC7000 MKII at home. I just cut slow and nothing more than 10 feet in length.

So if I had a chance to grab this at $800 still in the box I should jump on it?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
But if its not going to work I don't want to buy it. Do you have any experience with them? I haven't been able to find reviews on them and when I did they weren't good.

I am a Mutoh dealer and have a few customers using them with great results. As far as cutters go these days they all have the same basic specs and capabilities. I prefer Mimaki cutters but if I had a chance to get a 72" Mutoh ValueCut for $800 I would seriously think about getting it. You won't find one that size and so close to the current generation for that price I guarantee it. It may not be the coolest looking cutter and it might not be the easiest to learn, but at the end of the day it can do everything other cutters in it's class can just as well.