• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh ValueCut 1800

markohorvat

Hi,

I have VC1800 and I'm trying to find some solutions to cut and contour cut preprinted graphics from CorelDraw.
I'm using CorelDraw X7 to design graphics, then I export it to EPS, and then I have to open it in Flexi to add contour and cut marks.
I would ike to avoid Flexi if possible. Does anyone have an idea how?

Thanks in advance

letterman7

Why are you adding contour and cut in Flexi when you can do that in Corel? If you're just using Flexi as a cut program, then just use it as a cut program. Otherwise purchase CoCut and cut directly from Corel.

Kathi Hauser

Sign Girl
Depending on what version of Corel...
I've never actually used CoCut, but It had issues with Corel x6...no idea if its better with 7.
But it sounds like the best solution if you want to design in Corel and lose Flexi.

Otherwise, design in Flexi and use Photoshop or Corel for certain jobs that need it.
There are good plugins for flexi, but I still use corel for some image/photo retouching and Photoshop for embossing and layering effects.

Kathi Hauser

Sign Girl
Now my curiosity is getting me searching.
There is another forum that was talking about this with a US Cutter....
It seems that there was a way to print and cut without a plugin. I am sure with a little more research you could find a way.
FYI...the VC-1800 will also work with GCC Jaguar drivers for other software