• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh ValueJet 1204 Print Problem

Lucio

My Mutoh Valuejet 1204 was first not communicating with the computer through LAN, the settings are correct but an employ messed around with it so right now we are using it through the USB port to print.

Once we had it communicating through the USB port the head didnt use any ink so it only moved left to right as if it was printing but no ink came out. We found out that a fuse got blown. We replaced the the 0.75 volt fuse with a 1.0 volt and it now can print with colors.

Now the real problem is here, the printer does its job when we send something from Flexi to the Mutoh it does everything right but it prints another layer on the print. Everything we send and even the test prints from the mutoh prints Blue. When we do a Nozzle Check it will print all the colors as it should but it also prints blue over it.

Basicly it prints everything we send and a blue foreground. We havent replaced anything before all the mess started, we had the mutoh working perfectly before an employee was fiddeling with the setting on the Mutoh and Flexi. We got every setting fixed on Mutoh and Flexi. We noticed that the prints we send are using the weaving mode but the blue forground is not using that mode. The blue goes accross the area of the art we send.

Can any one help me out with this issue? Right now the only solution we think is that the head is malfunctioning or the head cable is faulty.

One more thing we noticed that the nozzle check printed all the colors except one of the blue patterns. There are two blacks, two yellows, one blue, and two magentas.

Attachments

• printing proof00.jpg
    printing proof00.jpg
    892 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:

CP Signs

I was told by Mutoh that the usb hookup is there for future. Can't print from it at all. Was it printing before with the crossover cable?

Lucio

Yes, it was printing through the LAN before but now the computer does not detect the cable anymore, we used a different crossover cable but nothing shows in the network adapters/NIC card. We resorted to the use of the USB hookup. We used to work with the USB when we got the printer.

CP Signs

When I first got mine I couldn't get it to work either. And I have a background in programing and networking. I called customer service and they accessed my computer and after half hour we found out that Norton antivirus was stopping it from working. We sorted that out and never had a problem since. Sorry I can t help you more on this.

USB is not supported. Try pinging the printer with the crossover. Make sure both ip addresses are correct. The nozzle check worries me. Has anyone opened the head cover or the back panel. I have seen odd prints when a wire is shorted.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
You have a short in the circuit that drives one or both Cyan channels and that is why the F2 fuse went. If you continue to try and print you can damage the main board or the print head, providing that these are not the components with the short. Normally it is the CR Cables or Head Cables that cause the short. If you feel comfortable doing so check the cables for any damage, especially at the ends. If in doubt replace them as they are much cheaper than the main board or head.

With that said I would highly recommend getting a good tech to come and fix this issue since the motherboard and print head are so expensive, it is normally not worth it for an end user to play with it. I would also recommend changing the fuse back to one with the same settings as the original, they used the smaller fuse for a reason.

Lucio

Thank you for your help guys, I will try all of your methods and steps, my boss just told me that we did install Norton Antivirus so i hope that is the cause to this madness. I post back the results.

Lucio

We used a different computer using the cat5 crossover cable with the no antivirus installed and firewall disabled. We used the crossover method for communication and Flexi said that it Cannot open the Port.

The settings to the Mutoh Printer was 172.18.3.101 IP and 255.255.255.0 SubNet mask. The Settings to the computer was 172.18.3.100 IP and 255.255.255.0 SubNet mask. We sent the print using flexi with the configuration of 172.18.3.101 Ip and 9100 Port as the access for the printer.

We even used the ping on the command prompt and it didnt detect the crossover cable. we also tryed changing the subnet to 255.255.0.0 and nothing happened.

We already placed an order for the original fuses and expect them to be delivered in about a week. At the time being we are checking all the cables for any damage in the Mutoh.

At this time it is not a software problem nor a Nic card settings. We think it is a physical problem with the fuses, cables, or head print that has to do with its malfunction.