• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mutoh valuejet 1304, how do i reset it? please help!

hi, again.......
I'm having problems with my mutoh valuejet 1304, i was printing some samples and i was trying to adjust the color in the machine and i have no idea what i pushed or change but the next sample was very blurry, is there a way to reset the machine so all the changes i made are erased?
how do i go about it? i read the menu but i cant find the instructions on how to reset it to factory settings and erase all my personal settings.
please some one walk me trough or point me to the users menu, thank you. i keep messing up with this thing trying to learn but is very difficult doing it by my self i may sell it and get rid of all my head aches.
please someone help me.
thank you in advance.:frustrated:

Hi, i'm using flexiprint and flexisign pro 8.5
is not the software cause when i try to run a test in the machine by it self it has some weird red/blue lines almost like double prints but not clear at all. so i was trying to reset the machine to see if that will fix the problem.

elsignshop

post some pictures so we can help you. it might be the heads need a good cleaning or the capping station need to be replace. just post pics so more people can help u out.

tgrinds

Printing just after initial
charge may cause following
symptoms.
• Printed line blurs.
• White lines appear.
In such cases, perform
cleaning two or three times
and check printout again.
If symptoms remain even
after cleaning, leave machine
unused for 1 hour or more.
Then perform cleaning

randya

Depending on what you changed, there may be no 'reset'.
If you have reset the RAM, you wipe out all your settings, head ranks, alignements, etc., you then would have to start from scratch, unless you have a parameter file backed up somewhere.

Exactly what where you changing?
What does the nozzle check look like?

Last edited:
Hi, well i try cleaning it but does not seem to change, the printing,
as far as me changing what...... well i was changing in the production manager and in the machine by it self, i was trying to adjust the color and next thing i knew it was all messed-up, very blurry and it looks as if its printing double and not clear at all, the nozzle check have some broken lines, but i was able to to print just fine.
i made some pictures samples for my self on banner and vinyl but for some reason i massed it up.
i just wish that i can set it back as factory setting but don't know how.

randya

If you were in the User Menu on the Printer, then there is really not much you could have done to really mess up the Printer.
That could have been done in maintenance mode.

Perhaps you've moved the head height to high?

Make sure in Flexi you have color correction checked.

You may also want to back EVERYTHING (profiles and files) and clear Preferences.
Then reload your profiles and files.

Hey guys, thank you for the help, i run the cleaning in the machine 6or7 times in a row, then i moved the head from high to low few times run a test and is now printing, i don't know if it was the head off track cause i did moved it and shook it with my hands or it maybe was just dirty.............now I'm out of black ink :(. this thing has giving me sooo much headaches that i don't know if i should keep trying or just get rid of it completely.............
does anybody know a good site were i can post it, other than craigslist? they want the stuff for free, and how much do they go for, i paid 7800 5 moths ago .........
I don't think I'm ready for digital era, i may just stay with vinyl signs.
Thank you again for the help

randya

Or get your local dealer in there and do a bit of training to get you up to speed.

There is a bit of learning curve to outdoor printing, but not something a day or two of training couldnt help.