• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Valuejet 1604 black and cyan ink problems

heyskull

I don't know if this is relevant occasionally our vj1604 has a sticking valve from the ink cartridge to the ink bladder/tank on the black line.
All I do is attach a syringe and pull a little ink through and it will run for 3-4 months before doing the same.
I am just wondering wether you have a ink starvation problem.
Our machine normally flashes sub tank low/empty.

SC

tcorn1965

Terry is there a lever or screw that will place the print head above both black edges?

Not that I am aware of. He just loosened the two screws on the front of the carriage and pushed the print head further down in carriage then tightened the screws. Like I said when I read your post I actually thought it was my post, symptoms were identical.

Terry

ijzuniga

I got my new dampers in today and replaced them for the black and cyan. Now the cyan works perfectly but the black is still not pulling all the way throught the tubes. I can see the black ink in the lines but it wont go up the part of the tube that curves upward.
I pushed on the steel sensor for the black subtank and looked at the lines. When i pushed the steel sensor in which squeezes the black subtank pouch, i was able to see the black ink line rise alot. I kept pushing and eventually got the ink to reach the tubes that split off into the dampers. Once I let go of the steel sensor, the black ink retreated back down the tube. Any sugestions?

ijzuniga

This is what the tech had sent me in an email

"Also if the subtank solenoid is in the off position you will get no ink in the line"

So how does someone put this in the on position? Also I have SMC Valves.

henryp

This is what the tech had sent me in an email

"Also if the subtank solenoid is in the off position you will get no ink in the line"

So how does someone put this in the on position? Also I have SMC Valves.

The valve should open automatically when the ink sensor on the corresponding sub tank goes low. To check if the valves are working properly, enter Self Diagnosis Mode, then go Ex Control Menu, select Sensor Menu, then Valve Check. This test allows you to open and close each valve by selecting On or Off, you should hear the valve click when it does this. If you do not hear the click,, the valve is stuck or there is no voltage being applied to its solenoid.

jc1cell

Hey Henry,

I'm looking to enter this the Self Diagnosis Mode to go through the steps you mentioned. How do I do that? Is it the three button startup?

jc

jc1cell

Found it. Self Diagnosis is the Three Button Startup and going to Check 12 led me to where you mentioned.

jc