• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh Valuejet 1608 Hybrid

JohnBoy1972

Hello I am having a problem with my Mutoh Valuejet 1608 Hybrid. It is a used machine that we are trying to get to print. I think I am doing everything right except that I keep getting a "cannot open port" error ...any ideas?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You have to setup the network properly to connect to the printer. How are you connecting to the printer? Direct from the computer or through a hub?

JohnBoy1972

You have to setup the network properly to connect to the printer. How are you connecting to the printer? Direct from the computer or through a hub?
It is plugged into a hub. I am coming into this problem from the back side. The previous designer was let go for corruption. So the owner has assigned me to get everything going again.

papabud

Lone Wolf
you wanna make sure its properly on the network. you want to assign it a static ip address. go into your software and set up the printer with that same ip address

JohnBoy1972

you wanna make sure its properly on the network. you want to assign it a static ip address. go into your software and set up the printer with that same ip address

So I would be in effect changing the ip address of the printer too when I do that? I'll have to research this

papabud

Lone Wolf
i would check it, it might be set up already, but basically you would be telling it what to use so that it never automaticaly changes and screws everything up