Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Mutoh ValueJet 1624x Error E082Err Wiper Sns

Discussion in 'Installation Equipment & Techniques' started by RiSun, May 7, 2019.

1. RiSun

RiSun New Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Archbold, OH
    We have a ValueJet 1624x - and for a few weeks we've been getting this error: E082Err Wiper Sns. We turn the printer off and restart it and it runs fine and prints fine. After about 8-12 hours, it will start beeping with the error again. Any help? Any suggestions? I don't see much in our manual that gives me much help...

Thanks!

2. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Clean the maintenance station. Make sure the track the wiper slides back and forth in is clear. Check the gears also.
    One thing you can do it use the Head Maintenance option to cycle the wiper in and out of it's home position to make sure it is sliding along well. A few runs in and out also seem to help reset the timing on the gears if it has slipped up.
    It might be time to get a new station on order if the problem does not go away and gets worse instead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. nemesis2180

nemesis2180 New Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Brno
    Hey RiSun,

I had this problem repeatedly. It caused sliped gear on maintenance station. Your machine has setted autocleaning, i guess after 8 hours. Your machine run cleaning and the problem appears near 65% of cleaning process. The gear start turning on opposite way to slide wiper back towards or run pump (dont know what station doing) and you could listen cracking of slipped gear or in my case loud whistling of jammed gear. Then machine show up that message.

If your are skilled, you could solve this problem out by taking off gears from station and get those gear in right order and timing.

Be careful and dont underestimate that. Everytime you get this error, you must power off machine, then start it up. The wiper stay in position toward head. When machine starting up, head moves thru stucked wiper in position towards head, to spit ink to foam in high speed and this could cause bigger problems in advance. If you get this error, power off machine, take a screw driver and turn upper gear for few rounds clockwise. That move will loose pressure on stick that holds wiper and you can move wiper back. Then you could power on machine.

4. Jaime IL

Jaime IL New Member

Feb 15, 2019
    Manteno
    Did you ever figure out how to solve this problem with your machine? Mine is doing the exact same thing now.