• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Valuejet Network dropping issue.

heyskull

I have had an issue with our valuejet 1604 disconnecting of the network.
I thought I had traced this to a suspect ethernet cable.
I had the network cable taped up against the power cables supporting it.
Last week we had the print room re-floored and had everything disconnected.
This was a good thing as I fitted a new ethernet cable to the 1604.

One of the lads tried to set a print of on Saturday only to find it wouldn't print!
I came in on Sunday and had a good look over it and found that if I pushed the ethernet cable further in and taped it up against the power cables again it came back on the network.

The issue is, their must be a loose or dodgy port on the printer.
Has anyone had an issue similar to this?

SC

heyskull

I guess I am asking..... Has anyone ever replaced the Ethernet port on a Valuejet?
If so what and where do I buy?

SC

heyskull

I understand it is on the board as I have had it out to replace the F2 fuse before.
Do you know what Ethernet socket needs to be used and where can I buy one?

Thanks
SC

heyskull

Surely it is some sort of standard ethernet socket?
It is definitlety a faulty part in the socket and their is nothing wrong with the board.
I can't believe you would have to replace the main board for a simple component and one that wears out so easily!
It's like having to change your car engine if it needs new spark plugs!

Help

SC

tsopis

Hi heyskull
Did you manage to change the ethernet socket of your mainboard?
I have a Mutoh 1614 with the same problem. Ethernet port does not work.

netsol

yes, it is a standard rj-45 chassis mount connector..we change them all the time on equipment. i would start looking at digikey or newark electronics.

i will pm you a couple specific links. BE CAUTIOUS. you need someone with considerable soldering/desoldering experience. there is lots of chances to DESTROY a perfectly good mainboard

netsol

http://www.digikey.com/product-sear...modular-connectors-jacks/1442740?k=rj 45 jack

this should get you started. you have to measure EXACTLY.

can you send a picture of the underside where he jack is soldered in? (use caution pulling the board out too many times

I have had an issue with our valuejet 1604 disconnecting of the network.
I thought I had traced this to a suspect ethernet cable.
I had the network cable taped up against the power cables supporting it.
Last week we had the print room re-floored and had everything disconnected.
This was a good thing as I fitted a new ethernet cable to the 1604.

One of the lads tried to set a print of on Saturday only to find it wouldn't print!
I came in on Sunday and had a good look over it and found that if I pushed the ethernet cable further in and taped it up against the power cables again it came back on the network.

The issue is, their must be a loose or dodgy port on the printer.
Has anyone had an issue similar to this?

SC

Umca

Network disconnecting can be caused of wrong network setings and collision in network.
For example, if you use two network connections (LAN and WiFi) and both in same submet.
First of all for check you have to switch off WiFi and connect your printer directly to LAN connector on PC and test.