• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Valuejet NVRAM

OLE

What is stored in NVRAM?
I've found in some valuejet firmware update manual following procedure:

1.Back-up machine parameters
2.Clear NVRAM
3.Loading firmware and parameters
4.Reinstall Printer Parameters

What I get with "Clear NVRAM" and when is needed?

OLE

...but what should I do after I clear NVRAM?
Is it necessary to re-upload firmware or parameters only?
Where is located inheritance information?

randya

You have to reload firmware and parameters.
You should save parameters before clearing NVRAM.

My concern is WHY would you want to clear NVRAM, if you dont understand what you are doing?

You should at least get a tech on the phone and walk you through this.

OLE

Don't worry, I am advanced user :)
I'm trying to change "Company code" in inheritance data.What you think, is it possible?

OLE

But what would happen if I try to upload inheritance information from other machine which "company code" suits me?

randya

I dont think it will upload properly without the encripted file, it will probably error out, if you are using the proper tools.

Have you tried going through a dealer or Mutoh Europe to change the company code?

I am assuming this is for ink purposes.

OLE

Yes, it's always about ink :)))
I want to use other inks than original.
Do you know what is data format of inheritance information and parameter file, they look scrambled when they're opened in text editor.

OLE

@ Randya:
Sorry I disappeared during our conversation, I was very busy last two days!
So you think that is not possible to change inheritance information on the main board without that "special file" ?

henryp

If and when I have to do what you are trying to do, I have to upload the .ulk file from the printer concerned using MSA, then email the file to Mutoh for updating. It will be emailed back to me and I will then install it to the printer.

Stealth Ryder

Yes, it's always about ink :)))
I want to use other inks than original.
Do you know what is data format of inheritance information and parameter file, they look scrambled when they're opened in text editor.

What you are trying to do is a mistake, you will see this as a mistake that you will not be able to undo once somene gives you the information you are asking for...
:wavingflag: :toasting:

Last edited:

OLE

@henryp:
And what you get when you upload that file from Mutoh?

@Stealth Ryder:

Sorry?!

OLE

What you mean, ink credits for bulk ink system or something else?
I don't know, I am using cartridges only.

randya

In various conditions and locations around the world you can buy ink credits and run a variety of ink.
Check with your Mutoh dealer and they can explain your options.