• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mutoh valuejet question

mondo

when you load a media its going to ask if its a media 1, if you press down media 2, 3 etc. What type of media should be on media type 1, 2 or 3 and so on. I couldnt find any thing about this on the manual or even on the mutoh website. Do you know the equivalent of these media type #? I've been using media type 1 for all media actually but sometimes Im haveing trouble with colors but Im not sure if it something to do with the media type I've selected. Thank you for any help and suggestions.

Todd M Castle

I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure the media type question is like presets on plotters. Some material for example works better with different heat settings so lets say you do Oracal 3751 vinyl at 45,50,55 heat settings but banner material at 35,off,40 (note this is an example don't follow these heat settings) you can set Media type 2 at that heat setting and it would be a preset for your banner media and type 1 would be for most vinyl for example. Each setting will be different but will be dependent on what you put in.

Hope this helps.

ChicagoGraphics

mondo....... You have to put in your settings to each pre-sets. this is for samples only.
type 1= 3M IJ180c -40-35 w/proper colour profile
type 2= UltraFlex 13oz. banner 40/40 " "
type 3= 140gr. paper 30/40 " "
and so on.........

S

Sign-Man Signs

Ditto on the pre-sets. We do all of ours in Flexi 8.0 in advanced area Production Manager on set up for media.