• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh ValueJet warranty

imagepro

My 1st year warranty is about to expire. My distributor wants $2600. for
the 2nd year. Sounds kinda high to me. What do you think? Any experience?

jiarby

My 1yr aniversary came and went... never heard from anyone about an extended warranty. I think if parts were available I could fix anything in there myself.
$2600 buys alot of belts and motors and probably even a printhead. Then, what are you going to do the 3rd year??

JBarraxSW

The standard prices from Mutoh for a second year warranty on a ValueJet are $2,584.00 for a 64" and $2,438 for a 48" (1204) or 54" (1304). The warranty covers on-site service, parts and labor and one print head replacement. According to one of my contacts at Calgraph, the ValueJet is an exceptionally reliable printer, so you may not need it. But, as they say, it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. :)

Spider

That price isnt too bad when you consider the output that printer can produce and the money you'll make each yr, having the warranty in my opinion even for $3,000 is a good idea. Signwarehouse offers a warranty I believe if you bought from them and probably even if you didnt, better to go through them than anyone. They are Mutoh's largest dealer.

P

ProWraps™

you can completely rebuild your printer twice for that much. i wouldnt do it. spend the time to learn your printer and do the maintenance yourself.

Spider

You do have a point there especially if he's familiar with the printer and knows what he's doing. Once your familiar with the equipment, fixing it yourself becuases 2nd nature, then you have sites like SW's where you can most of the times find the information and answers your looking for.

heyskull

My warranty has come and past but if we are to repair/maintain our machines (Valuejet 1604) ourselves.
The price for a service contract in the UK is even higher than the US.
I need a maintenance manual!!!
TecDaddy I am willing and able to do the maintenance but I first need the information on how too.
I am willing to "spend the time to learn your printer and do the maintenance yourself"

Come on guys lets help each other please.

I know at least one of us has the maintenance manual for these machines or at least some information on changing pumps, lines, printheads, dampers etc...

Thanks
SC