Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mutoh ValueJet warranty

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by imagepro, Nov 15, 2008.

1. imagepro

imagepro New Member

Nov 1, 2008
    My 1st year warranty is about to expire. My distributor wants $2600. for
    the 2nd year. Sounds kinda high to me. What do you think? Any experience?

Tags:
  2. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
    My 1yr aniversary came and went... never heard from anyone about an extended warranty. I think if parts were available I could fix anything in there myself.
    $2600 buys alot of belts and motors and probably even a printhead. Then, what are you going to do the 3rd year??

3. JBarraxSW

JBarraxSW Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Texas
    The standard prices from Mutoh for a second year warranty on a ValueJet are $2,584.00 for a 64" and $2,438 for a 48" (1204) or 54" (1304). The warranty covers on-site service, parts and labor and one print head replacement. According to one of my contacts at Calgraph, the ValueJet is an exceptionally reliable printer, so you may not need it. But, as they say, it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. :)

4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Member

Mar 29, 2008
    I thought you guys were repairing printers?

5. Spider

Spider New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    That price isnt too bad when you consider the output that printer can produce and the money you'll make each yr, having the warranty in my opinion even for $3,000 is a good idea. Signwarehouse offers a warranty I believe if you bought from them and probably even if you didnt, better to go through them than anyone. They are Mutoh's largest dealer.

6. ProWraps™

ProWraps™ Guest

you can completely rebuild your printer twice for that much. i wouldnt do it. spend the time to learn your printer and do the maintenance yourself.

7. Spider

Spider New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    You do have a point there especially if he's familiar with the printer and knows what he's doing. Once your familiar with the equipment, fixing it yourself becuases 2nd nature, then you have sites like SW's where you can most of the times find the information and answers your looking for.

8. heyskull

heyskull Very Active Member

Sep 2, 2007
    UK
    My warranty has come and past but if we are to repair/maintain our machines (Valuejet 1604) ourselves.
    The price for a service contract in the UK is even higher than the US.
    I need a maintenance manual!!!
    TecDaddy I am willing and able to do the maintenance but I first need the information on how too.
    I am willing to "spend the time to learn your printer and do the maintenance yourself"

Come on guys lets help each other please.

I know at least one of us has the maintenance manual for these machines or at least some information on changing pumps, lines, printheads, dampers etc...

Thanks
    SC