• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh valujet 1204-inkwastetankfull

JHLC

Your waste ink tank is on the right side of the printer. You need to replace the absorbent pads in the tank. You can use maxi pads in a pinch.

Rosh-NI_ent.

Mutoh Valujet 1204...FULLWASTEINKTANK

I bought this printer second hand...They didn't use the mutoh inks they where using some after market ink that had to be poured in the cartridges the waste container is some home made bottle with a small funnel coming in from the printer could this be the issue....never happened before had the printer for about 3 months.......:help

iSign

I probably paid 5 time more for the new printer I bought almost 6 years ago... but then it's paid for itself several times over, and still runs like a champ...

So, while I wish you luck, the only real advice is remember the old adage, "you get what you pay for" ...& maybe you might invest in a house call from a technician and get that system evaluated, and yourself trained...

This issue might turn out easy to fix, but an ounce of prevention... well you get the idea...

FatCat

I believe there is a sensor underneath where the wast tray goes that trips when the pads swell up telling it's time to change the waste tray. See if they had it taped/covered or perhaps the sensor has been bumped? Can you call who you bought it from and ask them?

randya

The printer "counts" the amount of ink through the system (approximately) by drops fired and rotations of the pump.

It 'estimates' that the waste tank should be full.

Open the door and that will trigger the sensor FatCat mentions, follow the menu on the panel to clear the waste tank full message.

If the ink drys faster than it goes in the waste, the waste will appear empty, though the printer will think it is full.

Last edited:

customcreations

I would love to see a picture of the bottle setup. I have been threatening to do that to mine-- The waste tank sucks-- Mutoh was even going to put out a retrofit kit for that one time. But it cost to much.

randya

I would love to see a picture of the bottle setup. I have been threatening to do that to mine-- The waste tank sucks-- Mutoh was even going to put out a retrofit kit for that one time. But it cost to much.

Here is one Mutoh was working on.
DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg