• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help mutoh vj 1204 AS

joey bean

Moved my computer and printer to the new shop today, and for some reason the printer won't communicate with the printer anymore.

Using Flexi sign.
When I send to print it rips, and says printing. No port error.
Currently using a USB to connect - plugged back into same port.
Ran a test on the USB cord, to my cutter and it works fine, so not the cord or USB port on computer.

Any other ideas or suggestions out there? Thanks in advance.

Nick761

Its highly recommended to use an ethernet cable direct to the PC for communication. This is how my VJ1204 is set up. Been working like a charm for 6 years!

Hi; i have experienced similar problem in the past.
Just assign your port and it should work; can google how to do it or ask your IT Tech to do it for you. however Nick761 is right. Using an ethernet cable is the best and most stable connection.

If none of this works; then you will need to test the port on the printer board maybe it got damaged during the move when the USB was removed (however very unlikely but these things happen).

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Moved my computer and printer to the new shop today, and for some reason the printer won't communicate with the printer anymore.

Using Flexi sign.
When I send to print it rips, and says printing. No port error.
Currently using a USB to connect - plugged back into same port.
Ran a test on the USB cord, to my cutter and it works fine, so not the cord or USB port on computer.

Any other ideas or suggestions out there? Thanks in advance.

We are a Mutoh and Flexi dealer. Just give us a call on the next business day and ask for Alex. Just say Francis referred you to call. Glad to be good help on Signs101.