• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh VJ 1204 E085Err Head Heat

Hot Vinyl

Hot Vinyl
Hi everyone. I am new to this and am having a major problem. About three weeks ago I had an issue of no magenta on my nozzle checks. So I started with replacing the capping pad to make sure I had good suction. I also did numerous cleaning in fact went through an entire cartridge. So went ahead and changed out the dampers and cleaned my head. It seemed like my head was squirting out the side so I thought it needed to be replaced. I changed it out and kept the cables in all the same places. But when I did that I started up the printer and it went through the initial stage it pulled some yellow through and was trying with the other colors and then I got an error of E085Err Head Heat. I researched on here and I think it might be the F2 fuse which was ridiculous to get to. I have some that are suppose to be here but now delayed. Is there anything else that I should check? I got banners that need to be done this weekend. I thank you for all your help.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Head heat means there is a short in the head circuit which is heating up the head. Check the head cables and make sure they aren't damaged or dirty. Even a little bend in the silver connector will cause issues. It might have also blown the fuse but usually in that case you get no error and the head just doesn't fire.

Hot Vinyl

Hot Vinyl
Head heat means there is a short in the head circuit which is heating up the head. Check the head cables and make sure they aren't damaged or dirty. Even a little bend in the silver connector will cause issues. It might have also blown the fuse but usually in that case you get no error and the head just doesn't fire.

Thank you for the suggestion I am at my wits end. I need it up and running.