• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MUTOH VJ-1204 Lighter-colored lines in print wider than 24"

My MUTOH VJ-1204 started printing 2 sets of lighter-colored lines alongside the image (not across), usually some 32" apart.

1. This does not happen when image is less than 24" wide. Tested with the same image. When wider than 24" the two sets of lines appear, when less than 24" wide the print is perfect.
2. Tried sending from different PCs (Win XP 32 bit and Win 7 64 bit) with the same results.
3. Lines do not appear in the same spot in different images, but always some 32" apart. If I scale the image down to less that 24" wide prints out perfect.

All started happening after F2 fuse on the main board blew out. Until I found out what was wrong I also changed: printhead, ribbon cables out the printhead, capping station. Also had the mainboard checked, no problems found.

Please help, going nuts here...

Photo of light-colored lines along images wider than 24"

This is what the light-colored lines along images wider than 24" look like.

Attachments

• IMAG1191.jpg
    IMAG1191.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 111
Lines seem to appear only when printing an image wider than 24" or when printing a 24"-wide image TWICE side-by-side (2 sets of lines some 32" apart). When I send the same 24"-wide image only ONCE, all prints perfect. No lines where lines appeared while printing side-by-side. See actual photos attached.

Re. Nozzle Check: OK, except a whole 0.3" vertical area of the second magenta pattern missing. The other colors, including the other magenta are fine. Doesn't seem to affect the print quality.

Today installed the original Flexi Print SE Mutoh software the printer came with. No difference, same lines on prints wider than 24". Same image scaled down to less than 24" wide prints out perfect.

Attachments

• IMAG1265_BURST007.jpg
    IMAG1265_BURST007.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 122
  • IMAG1266_BURST002.jpg
    IMAG1266_BURST002.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 116
Special thanks to Dave Phillips and Roxane!

Special thanks to Dave Phillips and Roxane at:

Graphic Resource Systems
105 W. Dewey Ave., Suite 318
Wharton, NJ 07885

The only people who tried to help when I really needed a copy of my damaged in the flood legal software. Neither MUTOH, nor SAi helped. Everyone was quick to offer new software for $$$, however.

Thank you Dave and Roxane for your honest effort! Not many like you out there there days.

rcook99

Big Lights, I cod not agree more with your thoughts about Dave, Chris and the rest of the staff at Graphic Resource Systems. I bought my printer from them about a year ago and they have always stood behind there product. I met Dave and Chris @ a 101 meet and they stayed in touch with me for 3+ years until I was ready for a used printer. They offer many new and used products and I highly recommend them.

Now on to your lines issue. Not sure if its fixed but if it is still happening check the height of the electric eye. Also do a search in my profile as I believe I posted pictures of my problem which looks similar to yours. I am on vacation in Florida so I don't have the pictures with me.

Thanks
RC

dj_elite

Ever get this problem sorted out? I have the same problem that only happens on certain colors. Usually light blues and greens. I cannot for the life of me figure it out.

creative9

Hi were you able to fix this problem. My VJ 1304 just got a new head installed and it does exactly the same problem.

My MUTOH VJ-1204 started printing 2 sets of lighter-colored lines alongside the image (not across), usually some 32" apart.

1. This does not happen when image is less than 24" wide. Tested with the same image. When wider than 24" the two sets of lines appear, when less than 24" wide the print is perfect.
2. Tried sending from different PCs (Win XP 32 bit and Win 7 64 bit) with the same results.
3. Lines do not appear in the same spot in different images, but always some 32" apart. If I scale the image down to less that 24" wide prints out perfect.

All started happening after F2 fuse on the main board blew out. Until I found out what was wrong I also changed: printhead, ribbon cables out the printhead, capping station. Also had the mainboard checked, no problems found.

Please help, going nuts here...