• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ 1204 print hesitation

I just started printing a small job, 30 4"x 11" decals and noticed the print head is hesitating for a second or two in both directions (in bi-directional mode). The print itself is fine, no banding or anything like that. I can't tell if the data is slow getting to the printer or if there is something up with the printer itself. Any ideas?
Oh... go figure, now it's printing just fine! Still, I've printed this job by the hundreds with no problem! Should I suspect slow data or that my beloved Mutoh is sick?

PMG

if im correct i think the head is refreshing it self,,,i think i read that on here awhile back because i was thinking the same thing:rock-n-roll: I'm sure Randya will chime in on this one.

P

ProWraps™

if it aint broke, dont fix it. its probably just doing a cleaning or ink recharge as mentioned above.

if im correct i think the head is refreshing it self,,,i think i read that on here awhile back because i was thinking the same thing:rock-n-roll: I'm sure Randya will chime in on this one.
Well, it was wierd because it was pausing on both ends of the printer....near the capping station and then on the far end. I had just done a cleaning cycle before I started printing then I ran a nozzle check and everything was fine. It started printing at normal speed but then began hesitating 1/3 into the job, and began printing normal speed again at the end of the job.
I'll see what happens today! I've had this printer for two years and it's been a wonderful printer, but I fear there will be things that need to be replaced soon.
Have a great Friday everyone!:smile:

I would suspect network-related issues, based on the fact that the pausing started after the job began, and stopped near the end.

Bob

just an update for those who may have the ame issue....
it was deffinately waiting for the data. I did check all the connections and cables and all was fine. Just slow getting to the source.
Thanks for everyones input!