• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh vj 1204 printing magenta line

fatalfashion

Hello and good day to all... Very new at this so please excuse mef i ask some lame questions. I recently got into large format printing with an eco solvent mutoh vj1204 printer which i purchased used from a sign shop that used it for 3-4 years and maintained it like a baby. Shortly after my purchase I noticed a small 1/8 inch magenta line being printed before dark colors. I have tried adjusting my ICC profiles (using flexi8.6) and even have tried different types of rip software but have had no luck on removing the line. The line is only printed at the front of every time a dark color is starting to print and not on any other side. I purchased it with after market ink and plan to go back to OEM as soon as the ink runs out,but wondered for some reason if that could be the problem. I have searched all over and have found many causes that could explain the line such as a bad print head or circuit board, but hoping someone out there has had a similar problem but resolved it without spending a fortune. attached is a picture for a better descriptions. mutoh lines.jpg

mutoh lines2.jpg i