• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ 1204 problem

HOT ROD

I have printed virtually a year without any problems.. I printed off a splatch for a customer the other nite, came back the next night and started printing a camo wrap for another customer. The camo trys to print in like a blueish gray scale color. So i was thinking maybe the printer wasnt recognizing the image. Checked all inks above 60%. So i created a new file and made a simple text in an Orange color, printer still trys to print in this blue grayish color.

Help please

tsgstl

first step is always print tests through the main menu of the printer. This will tell you if it is a printer problem or a profile or rgb/cmyk or a multiple of possibilities

Bigcat_hunter

I have printed virtually a year without any problems.. I printed off a splatch for a customer the other nite, came back the next night and started printing a camo wrap for another customer. The camo trys to print in like a blueish gray scale color. So i was thinking maybe the printer wasnt recognizing the image. Checked all inks above 60%. So i created a new file and made a simple text in an Orange color, printer still trys to print in this blue grayish color.

Help please

I have had two 1204's where the yellow quit firing altogether. The tech replaced the motherboard on the first printer and it worked again. The other printer was brand new and same problem. They replaced the whole printer. I thought it was a power surge but maybe it is a problem with the Mutoh motherboards. I have purchased extended warranty on both printers incase it happens again. Sounds like you may be having the same problem.

HOT ROD

Just to let everyone know how things turned out.... After several hours of thinking i had a wrong parameter set or god knows what else.... A simple nozzle check set me in the right direction...
Turns out everything was completely fine with the printer. The new Yellow ink cartridge was mislabeled. It had black ink with a yellow wrapper.....
lil upset for lost time but thank goodness it wasnt a major hardware error...