• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh vj 1204

Hi, Please help. I have bulk ink system, My magenta cartridge when take out or insert, the printer get boot up or re-start up. It would not do it regular ink cartridge. What is causing this? Thanks, Dishhobby

heyskull

I bet the pins on the smart card reader inside the machine has some bent contacts with the cartridges being taken out and in.
I would purchase a set of 4 card readers and replace them all.
I have replaced mine twice now as they are very fragile.
Please note due to the material the pins are made of you cannot bend them back into position.

SC

For SC

Hey my friend, do you know about the a file you can upload to the printer with firmware and it block the chip card and you will never have to use chip card again. I think it would be a good idea for bulk ink users. Any opinion?

Vj 1204

Ok great, replace the chip reader cercuit and insert ink cartridges but it saying " not original ink" try to push back and forth the cartridges but same message. So I use 1 or 2 original Mutoh ink cartridges same message. I did not touch other slots card reader cercuits. Why is saying not original ink. After replacing a chip reader cercuit, do I need do any setup and or what I am missing. Even I took out good ink cartridge from my vj 1604 and insert in the vj 1204. still same message. " not original ink". Any body have clue. I always appreciated you guys help.
dishhobby