• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mutoh vj 1204

Hi, I need help,
I was watching youtube video and I believe I accidently hit cleaning mode. What I did Hold left, righ and bottom arrow buttons and start the machine. first I enter and than cancel, after I hit Righ arrow and right arrow again, hit enter and enter again. I selected 4-All. turn the machine off and on and giving me this message."Insert cleaning cart"
How do I clear this message. I was having problem with bulk ink cartridges not been reading it. It always say "not original ink" I post a message for the past 4 days no one had answer. So I am stuck. If any one know what I am doing wrong I will appreciate very much. I always got a good advise on this forums. Thansk
Dishhobby

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I don't own this printer but I do have the service guide for it.
If you don't have a copy send me your email and I will get it to you.
One thing you can do to reset the printer is to pull the plug out of the wall and hit the power button on the keypad a few times to discharge the capacitors.
Let the printer sit for 10 or 15 minutes and then plug it back in - hit the power button and see if it starts up without the error messages.
(I have the 1304 and have reset it this way before)

wayne k
guam usa

I have a service manual but really hard time follow. Thanks for your offer. I need some one who can tell me how to cancel cleaning maintence mode. Go back standard mode of the printer. There is got to be way.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You basically reset your machine back to factory defaults which means you are now starting from scratch. You will have to re-do all of the alignments and sensor sensitivity adjustments once you get up and running. Here is how to get out of fill-up mode:

Turn the machine off, then hold the up, right and down buttons while turning the machine back on. Now you are in self-diagnosis mode.

Scroll down to the "Parameter Menu" and hit enter. Now scroll down to "Parameter2: Update" and hit enter. Now scroll down until you see "Update6: Charge FLG" and hit enter. Use the arrow keys to change the setting to "User/Init: Charge" and hit enter. It will ask you "Update Parameter?" hit enter and then wait for the screen to go back to "Update6: Charge FLG" again. Now turn off the printer and turn back on in normal mode. The machine should be ready to print.

You basically reset your machine back to factory defaults which means you are now starting from scratch. You will have to re-do all of the alignments and sensor sensitivity adjustments once you get up and running. Here is how to get out of fill-up mode:

Turn the machine off, then hold the up, right and down buttons while turning the machine back on. Now you are in self-diagnosis mode.

Scroll down to the "Parameter Menu" and hit enter. Now scroll down to "Parameter2: Update" and hit enter. Now scroll down until you see "Update6: Charge FLG" and hit enter. Use the arrow keys to change the setting to "User/Init: Charge" and hit enter. It will ask you "Update Parameter?" hit enter and then wait for the screen to go back to "Update6: Charge FLG" again. Now turn off the printer and turn back on in normal mode. The machine should be ready to print.

Thanks for the instructions, I will try this. I really appreciate your time and for replying.
Dishhobby

Great it works, thanks for your suggestion. Now since I am in my normal mode. My ink cartridges is giving me a very hard time. I use to insert my bulk ink cartridge and it give a bit tough time but it would read the chip card. But it give me very hard time now. I have brand new set of chip card. Still the same story "not original inK". Any suggestion. Please help it had been 4 days.
Dishhobby

Pls. help posting again.

Great it works, thanks for your suggestion. Now since I am in my normal mode. My ink cartridges is giving me a very hard time. I use to insert my bulk ink cartridge and it give a bit tough time but it would read the chip card. But it give me very hard time now. I have brand new set of chip card. Still the same story "not original inK". Any suggestion. Please help it had been 4 days.
Dishhobby[
Great now I in normal mode on the screen, It is still say not original INK. Is some thing went wrong with Heater junction board. Please advise. dishhobby

Slimoff

Dishhobby[
Great now I in normal mode on the screen, It is still say not original INK. Is some thing went wrong with Heater junction board. Please advise. dishhobby
Best solution is to unchip the unit and forget about the smartcards.
But the price as not cheap.