• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh vj 1204

I always have problem with ink chip card reading problem. It would run smooth for few months and all sudden it would not read my bulk ink cartridges properly. The printer is say on screen insert cartridges. The ink cartridges are in the slot with good chip card. Can some one help Please. I would much appreciated. I have check the reader conectors in the slot they are fine. I had replaced in past. The conecters are good.

brightbanner

i like vivid color
I always have problem with ink chip card reading problem. It would run smooth for few months and all sudden it would not read my bulk ink cartridges properly. The printer is say on screen insert cartridges. The ink cartridges are in the slot with good chip card. Can some one help Please. I would much appreciated. I have check the reader conectors in the slot they are fine. I had replaced in past. The conecters are good.

You can decode the printer on mainboard, then the printer will work with chips forever.

Brent

heyskull

I would check your reader contacts again.
I have now replaced 2 complete sets of these due to them failing and the only way to check correctly is removing.
You probably have a short on one of the contacts causing this issue.
They fail even more due to the way bulk ink systems create a contact.
Could you show me a picture of the exact bulk ink system you are running?
Personally I now never remove my cartridges as this has been found to be causing the issues.

SC

brightbanner

i like vivid color
I've personally never heard of decoding a Valuejet, can you explain how this works?

It is a technical process.
You need send the mainboard to technicians, they can decode it and send to you back.
Then your printer will work without chips forever.
I had decoded my mainboard, it works well now.
If you want decode your mainboard too, I can tell you the technician information.

Brent

MagnetStew

There is also a way to do it through the firmware without removing and sending off the mainboard. I would research that way first.

catldavis

Do share how to reset the carts through the firmware. Ive just performed a search on and off this forum and I can't find anything that shows how to permanently reset the carts..

mutoh 1204

I extreemly sorry for late reply, I found the one the wire was twisted on the cartridge and causing short circut. Fix it and run fine.
But below in one the quote was saying that printer can be decode via firmware. I would like to know about it.
dishhobby
:thankyou:
I would check your reader contacts again.
I have now replaced 2 complete sets of these due to them failing and the only way to check correctly is removing.
You probably have a short on one of the contacts causing this issue.
They fail even more due to the way bulk ink systems create a contact.
Could you show me a picture of the exact bulk ink system you are running?
Personally I now never remove my cartridges as this has been found to be causing the issues.

SC

VJ 1204oor

Is there any time limit that we should change the dampers after certain amount of time or usage? Also It would be very helpful to get some instruction that printer is set for 2 hours cleaning. For some reason I don't see ink in the waste tray. When I do manual cleaning than I can see the ink fill in the cap and flush through the station. Can some one send me a set up instructions. Thanks,
Dishhobby

Geshkin

It is a technical process.
You need send the mainboard to technicians, they can decode it and send to you back.
Then your printer will work without chips forever.
I had decoded my mainboard, it works well now.
If you want decode your mainboard too, I can tell you the technician information.

Brent

I am opened my Mutoh ValueJet printer without disassembling.
It possible to do it remotely.

brightbanner

i like vivid color
I am opened my Mutoh ValueJet printer without disassembling.
It possible to do it remotely.

It is not very hardly operation to take the main board out.
There are many users decoded the main board like us, there is no ink card limited.
Pack the main board well and send by DHL FedEx TNT will be safe.

Brent

brightbanner

i like vivid color
Yes, sure. Not so hardly.
But why to do it if possible to do it by software in few minutes without screwdriver and mainboard send.

Not every technicians can decode it, include engineers of Mutoh agents.
I only know my supplier technicians can do it.
It is why I take out the main board and send to him.

Brent

brightbanner

i like vivid color
I can do it. I am opened many printers from all VJ generations included 1624, 1638 this way.

Good job.
Do you mean transfer software to me and we can decode the mainboard myself?
Or the software have to operate yourself?
And can I know the cost?
Thanks.

Brent

Geshkin

Both ways are accessible.
But most cases I does it remotely via TeamViewer sesion. Only need connection to printer and Internet.
Because end-user is scarry to use new software.
Price is same like your.